Broncos OLB Bradley Chubb tears ACL; out for year

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

Absolute organizational incompetence. One of your (VERY FEW) young, core pieces should not be playing through injuries on an 0-3 team. Even effing cramps. This is an embarrassment. No idea if Chubb tore his ACL before or after he came back in, but either way it displays an organization that has no idea what the hell it's doing 

The problem is that he was going to continue to suffer from cramps and that made him more vulnerable to other injuries - like this one.

5 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

As bff-uk has said - with CHJ checking out already - we are in for a dumpster fire of a season.

an upside may be that Elway has no choice now but to embrace a full rebuild.

Hey Miami tank/sell mode engaged. On a serious note Chubb love your toughness don't go Trent Williams on our staff please!46ed311363a6d89608b01f889cacb282.jpg.cf.

Edited by thebestever6

I was resisting the idea of tanking this season and seeing what the kids could do - I wanted to give Fangio the best chance to win - but losing Chubb dramatically alters the perspective.

Let Fangio get the players he needs for his defence - lets see what they kids can do (especially Lock) - focus on killing the draft and look forward to next season.

7 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I think people are reading too much into the staff letting Chubb back in the game. ACL tears are not always immediately noticeable. They can feel like much lesser injuries at first. I don't think the med staff dropped the ball here.

Yeah I mean there just isn't a reason to let a young guy play on a minor injury. That's where my criticism is coming from. I don't blame or pretend to know what the medical team should have done. But there should be a knowledge within the organization that you are careful with your young stars in a lost season 

7 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Yeah I mean there just isn't a reason to let a young guy play on a minor injury. That's where my criticism is coming from. I don't blame or pretend to know what the medical team should have done. But there should be a knowledge within the organization that you are careful with your young stars in a lost season 

But do they view it as a lost season? In that moment, they probably viewed that game as a must win.