Broncos OLB Bradley Chubb tears ACL; out for year

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, broncos67 said:

Sure they have, but I am talking basically since the end of the Shanahan era, there have been some horrendous personnel decisions defensively.

Can't disagree with that. Outside of his first two years in Denver Shanahan had lots of misses also. As others have posted it'll take a while to get the players to fit Fangios scheme. Outside of "EDGE" players Elways not provided much.

The debate of Chubb/Nelson or whoever will go on.  Chubb was not a bad pick, however.  He is a hell of football player and is/will be a tremendous leader.  When I was at training camp on 8/5 he plays hard in every practice rep he gets, whether it be 11 on 11 or reps or vs practice dummies.  

I will say, I think he’s been used out of position here in Denver.  His fit is as a 4/3 end who has no business out in space.  His physical attributes are very similar to Joey Bosa’s. In that sense, yes, this was not a productive pick.  The ultimate job of a coach is to put players into positions to be successful, not to ask them to do things that they aren’t capable of or won’t be as successful at. It’s why Belichick is the best there has ever been.  He acquires players and fits their strengths into the scheme better than anyone who has ever coached football.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, germ-x said:

His fit is as a 4/3 end who has no business out in space.  His physical attributes are very similar to Joey Bosa’s. In that sense, yes, this was not a productive pick.  The ultimate job of a coach is to put players into positions to be successful, not to ask them to do things that they aren’t capable of or won’t be as successful at. It’s why Belichick is the best there has ever been.  He acquires players and fits their strengths into the scheme better than anyone who has ever coached football.  

Is a Richard Seymour type career from him a reach?