Cardinals release S D.J. Swearinger

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

But he was a top 5 safety in the entire league last season.  Something tells me the Cardinals are the problem here and are scapegoating him for their total lack of a secondary outside of Patrick Peterson.  And now that Peterson is out 6 games to start the season, we see the real problem with this cardinals team, and it was never their quarterback.  It was the lack of everything else around their quarterback with the exception of some offensive playmakers

I don’t necessarily think it’s their fault that Swearinger was always trailing a TE all game every game.

Swearinger is just like Zack Brown.  Usually highly-rated, makes plays (14 interceptions, 4.5 sacks, 9 forced fumbles), but something isn't quite right.  He's played for four teams, gets cut then re-signed regularly.  I think I recall hearing a rumor that he's mutinous or something and complains when the going gets tough, which makes sense.  Cardinals are without a win. 

He'd probably work best on a team that is winning, and yet teams that are winning might not want his behavior in their locker.