Week 1 Overreaction Thread

MightyMouse07

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Let's not pretend that a Carr injury didn't heavily factor into that. Let's also remember that run offense is going to be improved with Marshawn Lynch.

Chiefs are in the thick of it, but it's far from a done deal. KC (without Berry) is tough, but not locked in just yet.

Carr has never done well against the Chiefs

Just now, Chiefer said:

Carr has never done well against the Chiefs

Ultimately, you know the division better than I do. Just putting it out there that the first game of a 17 week season doesn't really tell us anything outside of KC being very good.

6 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Ultimately, you know the division better than I do. Just putting it out there that the first game of a 17 week season doesn't really tell us anything outside of KC being very good.

Oh I know just stating facts so far. Carr-led Raiders have won once against us, in Oakland on a Thursday Night game.

its a new year so maybe Carr can finally have a great game or two against us. They've got another TN game at Oakland this year.

The two most complete teams in the NFL played last night and that's the likely AFC title match up. 

Cheifs will cake walk their decision since Denver doesn't have a QB and Oakland doesn't have a defenses.

Patriots will once again tighten up their trenches and build chemistry on a team with new pieces. Come December they will look to be in typical form. 

People will overreact over Brady airing balls out like he usually does 

The Chiefs don’t win games if they turn the ball over.

The Chiefs don’t win games if the special teams unit doesn’t dominate.

The Chiefs don’t win games if they let the opponent score more than 24 points (or so) and don’t have some kind of defensive or ST touchdown.

The Chiefs don’t win games if they need to lean on their offense.

The Chiefs don’t win games if they need big plays.

The Chiefs don’t win games if Alex Smith needs to put up big numbers 

Nobody beats a Tom Brady team when the Patriots are leading in the 4th quarter

Tyreek Hill is more than a gadget player football fans.

3 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

their offense isnt anything special, thats the problem. NE having a crappy defense doesnt change that.

Actually, the Chiefs' offense may be special. They were top 15 last year with an injured OL and not T Hill for the first half season. If Alex Smith plays like that, they could be top 5. 

The Patriots D did not play well, but they have real talent. They looked worse than they are because they were ground down, then broke in the 4th quarter. 

J

2 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I believe the Raiders are something like 8-20 against teams that finished with at least 9 wins over the last 3 years. And 3-11 against division teams.  

Meanwhile KC is now 14-12 overall(assuming that Pats win 9 games) and 7-3 vs the division.

Well considering they were 3-13 3 years ago and 7-9 2 years ago thats not really surprising.  Last year was their first winning season in 10+ years.  

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

Huh. Really sticking your neck out aren't you?:ph34r:

J

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not.

Smith hasn't thrown for 30 TDs in his career. He hasn't thrown for more than 23 in his career.

If Hunt really ran for over 1800 yards then I'd be wowed. 

Archived