Week 1 Overreaction Thread

MightyMouse07

Derek Carr is MVP.

Chiefs and Raiders play 3 times this year. Once in OAK, once in KC, and once in the AFC championship game.

Cowboys vs. Packers in NFC championship.

JETS go 0-16.

Kirk Cousins' stock bombs and he loses 10s of millions in FA next year.

Patriots don't make playoffs and Brady retires.

Seahawks miss playoffs after losing Russell Wilson to season ending injury behind atrocious offensive line.

Colts are so bad out of the gate that Andrew Luck sits out the whole season.

Giants finish last in NFC East and Eli Manning gets decapitated into retirement as an aging statue playing behind what will go down as one of the worst offensive lines in history

16 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Marshawn Lynch is back to his prime form.

I wouldn't actually count that as an overreaction tbh. I may have been in the minority but I never once questioned whether or not he could return to prime form and I still don't. Just based off of his type of work ethic and the fact that his body hasn't taken too much damage considering his style of play alone.

I honestly believe that the Raiders brought him mainly for his playoff experience more than the regular season anyhow.

10 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Texans go 0-16

Tom Savage starts the next 7 games without recording a touchdown

JJ Watt is mortal.

Jadevion Clowney is still living off of the hype of the Michigan hit and is not good.

Texans defense is lost without AJ Bouye.

Those are the overreactions. Everything else - the bad OL, the conundrum at QB, the overrated coaching job, the horrible GM, the worst interior OL in the league - is actually true.

17 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Sam Bradford will complete 85% of his passes this year, while only having a 5.5ypa and leading the team to a 6-10 record.

*future overreaction after tonight.

That's actually not bad. He'd average a first down every two completions. And at that completion percentage, you guys would probably win more than you lose.

Archived