Week 1 Overreaction Thread

MightyMouse07

10 hours ago, riceman80 said:

JETS go 0-16.

This is supposed to be an overreaction thread.  The Jets have more than a small chance to go 0-16.  An overreaction would be saying the Jets are going 0-32 including next season or 0-48 over the next two.  Actually, I'm not sure I can put that past the realm of possibility given the ownership, management, coaching and talent level of that team.  :D  :P

10 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Giants finish last in NFC East and Eli Manning gets decapitated into retirement as an aging statue playing behind what will go down as one of the worst offensive lines in history

Worst offensive lines in history?  It's not even the worst offensive line in the league.  That's clearly Houston and no one, not Seattle, not Minnesota, not New York is a close second. 

The two most significant victories on Sunday were IMO by the Ravens and Jaguars. Not that the national media will talk about those games, but they both had convincing road wins against divisional opponents who were favored and viewed as playoff contenders**. Both of them won with a style of game we were told offseason wouldn't fly in today's nfl, complementing a strong defense with a committed methodical running game. Pass:Run ratios of 17:42 and 21:39.  Based on one week, looks like they brought back 1997.

I don't know if this meets the satire requirements of this thread, but this seems to be the only place for hot takes. 

**I should say the Eagles also pulled off a road divisional win, but they were anywhere from a 1 point favorite to 1 point underdog depending where you look.

1 hour ago, Crickett said:

This is supposed to be an overreaction thread.  The Jets have more than a small chance to go 0-16.  An overreaction would be saying the Jets are going 0-32 including next season or 0-48 over the next two.  Actually, I'm not sure I can put that past the realm of possibility given the ownership, management, coaching and talent level of that team.  :D  :P

Worst offensive lines in history?  It's not even the worst offensive line in the league.  That's clearly Houston and no one, not Seattle, not Minnesota, not New York is a close second. 

We haven't seen Minnesota play yet, they were hands down the worst last year, I expect much of the same.

10 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Jared Goff has arrived.

On that note, my overreaction would be Chuck Pagano getting fired before this season is up.  Though, on a more serious take I think regardless of Luck being out or making a return he is on his way out because he's been driving the defense in the tank there.  Say what you will but he gets paid to coach that side of the ball too and if he can't cut it, out he goes.

On 9/8/2017 at 6:02 AM, TheKillerNacho said:

On a serious note, AFC West renews its title as the best division in the NFL. But like the Broncos last year, one of the Chiefs/Raiders/Broncos will be on the outside looking in.

I agree. The Chargers will win the division and the other guys will be scrambling for a wild card spot.

22 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Antonio Brown will get 2000 yards.

Bell will finish with less than 500 yards rushing.

Tyler Matakavich will block a punt in every single game.

2017 Steelers will be the most penalized team in NFL history. 

This is an overreaction thread 43, not an underreaction thread. 

Archived