Week 1 Overreaction Thread

MightyMouse07

12 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

LA fans will never accept going to see pro football in that wreck of a stadium. When the new stadium is built, there will be a huge rush to buy tickets. Of course it will help if the Rams can actually win a few games???

On 9/8/2017 at 8:03 AM, Chiefer said:

Oh I know just stating facts so far. Carr-led Raiders have won once against us, in Oakland on a Thursday Night game.

its a new year so maybe Carr can finally have a great game or two against us. They've got another TN game at Oakland this year.

And the team was garbage the first year, mediocre the 2nd year, and finally good in the 3rd, but Carr had a broken finger in one game? The first game I'll admit we were completely outplayed. But the second game, he played poorly in large part due to cold weather in combination with his broken finger.

Carr's also never had a real threat at the tight end position, which he finally does now. That should help at least somewhat going against KC. Especially if weather conditions aren't super cold/rainy. Also a defense that isn't an embarrassment might help too.

On 9/11/2017 at 7:29 AM, wackywabbit said:

The two most significant victories on Sunday were IMO by the Ravens and Jaguars. Not that the national media will talk about those games, but they both had convincing road wins against divisional opponents who were favored and viewed as playoff contenders**. Both of them won with a style of game we were told offseason wouldn't fly in today's nfl, complementing a strong defense with a committed methodical running game. Pass:Run ratios of 17:42 and 21:39.  Based on one week, looks like they brought back 1997.

I don't know if this meets the satire requirements of this thread, but this seems to be the only place for hot takes. 

**I should say the Eagles also pulled off a road divisional win, but they were anywhere from a 1 point favorite to 1 point underdog depending where you look.

I think seeing consistency from both teams would take this storyline a long way. That being said, both teams have pretty easy schedules so that shouldn't be too much to ask.

9 minutes ago, The LBC said:

As always... if they can stay healthy.  Packers defense really wasn't bad in any of the last couple seasons until the injuries started to pile up.

Last year, yes I'd agree that it was a matter of attrition that caused the Packers issues.  But the Packers have always been in that "good, but not great" area despite investing so much of their draft capital into that side of the ball.

14 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

LA fans will never accept going to see pro football in that wreck of a stadium. When the new stadium is built, there will be a huge rush to buy tickets. Of course it will help if the Rams can actually win a few games???

I realize this is the overreaction thread," but I always love when people who have never lived in LA or the surrounding area are so quick and eager to render judgment on "LA fans" based on stereotypes.

What @Iamcanadian is saying is true.  I'm not sure how many people that are quick to comment on the Coliseum have ever actually been there - much less the area around it (and I'm not talking Exposition Park, I'm talking walking out to the intersections that surround Expo Park where you'll be charged $40 to park your car in a "private" lot where you still find yourself totally willing to believe your car could be stolen while you're in watching the game.  

Archived