Trade Deadline Rumors

TakeTheBallDeep

6 minutes ago, theJ said:

Basically to him it's more about building a career that everyone will respect and remember than chasing rings or money. He idolizes Larry Fitzgerald. 

I think he ultimately resigns with the Bengals, and if he can shake this injury problem, he has several great years left. 

He's from UGA. He is all class.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dome said:

Why would they want to trade him?

or are teams just curious?

He’s not worth the likely big contract he’s going to command. Most Jets fans want him traded. He’s solid. But we’ll be fine rolling with Q, McLendon, Anderson and a couple other rotational young guys that are hungry along the iDL.

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

He’s not worth the likely big contract he’s going to command. Most Jets fans want him traded. He’s solid. But we’ll be fine rolling with Q, McLendon, Anderson and a couple other rotational young guys that are hungry along the iDL.

Haven't gotten to watch the Jets recently but how has McLendon been.. He was friend of my old man but I haven't really followed him.

5 minutes ago, Bullyball said:

Haven't gotten to watch the Jets recently but how has McLendon been.. He was friend of my old man but I haven't really followed him.

He’s been our best interior DL. Q might pass him soon though. He’s a great teammate and team leader. One of my favorite Jets player.

Edited by SDotNova

7 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

He’s been our best interior DL. Q might pass him soon though. He’s a great teammate and team leader. One of my favorite Jets player.

Q is one of my favorite non-Saints now that gronk retired 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bullyball said:

Just got a 1 year extension. Been a stud all year. 

As for Leo we have to allocate resources elsewhere. We need 2 Corners, a Pass Rusher and probably 4 OL and a Wide Receiver. 

Moving him potentially plugs one of those holes, you gotta do it. Plus we’ll save some cap space going into the next off-season so we could move him for a pick/player and then sign a guy or two with the money he’d command. 

• Like 1

Trading Njoku would be beyond stupid right now. Why trade a guy on a rookie contract who is on IR? There is no way his value will ever be as low...and the guy still has a ton of upside. It typically takes 3-4 years for a TE to develop...I see absolutely no reason why he can't develop into a better version of Eric Ebron or Jared Cook.