Trade Deadline Rumors

TakeTheBallDeep

6 hours ago, jebrick said:

Steelers should send Artie Burns to the Eagles. He needs a new team and may never see the field again unless 3 CBs go down.

That's fair by value and the reasoning since he's not getting on the field much , but PIT going all-in for the season, seems like it's counter to the GM's goal, unless it gives them some sort of win-now asset.  A pick wouldn't make a lot of sense given the direction they're going this year.  

Edited by Broncofan

12 hours ago, Broncofan said:

That's fair by value and the reasoning since he's not getting on the field much , but PIT going all-in for the season, seems like it's counter to the GM's goal, unless it gives them some sort of win-now asset.  A pick wouldn't make a lot of sense given the direction they're going this year.  

He will walk for nothing at the end of the year.

18 hours ago, Broncofan said:

A pick for Burns makes a ton of sense 

6 hours ago, jebrick said:

He will walk for nothing at the end of the year.

12 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

A pick for Burns makes a ton of sense 

As a fan I totally get your point.  I’m all on board with that.  Zero argument.  

But that brings me to the earlier Q - is your GM there?  Or is he managing for his job?  If it’s the latter - he may simply want to keep Burns as insurance with an injury to keep their win now hopes alive.  A future Day 3 pick doesn’t help him keep his job.   That’s my point.  

If your GM Colbert isn’t on the hot seat then ok.  But the Steelers extended Tomlin and didn’t extend Colbert.  Is he ready to think 2020 or is he going all out for 2019?  If it’s the latter while it’s the wrong call long term he may not be thinking anything but 2019.  That’s my point.  I’ll defer to you all as to his mindset.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

As a fan I totally get your point.  I’m all on board with that.  Zero argument.  

But that brings me to the earlier Q - is your GM there?  Or is he managing for his job?  If it’s the latter - he may simply want to keep Burns as insurance with an injury to keep their win now hopes alive.  A future Day 3 pick doesn’t help him keep his job.   That’s my point.  

If your GM Colbert isn’t on the hot seat then ok.  But the Steelers extended Tomlin and didn’t extend Colbert.  Is he ready to think 2020 or is he going all out for 2019?  If it’s the latter while it’s the wrong call long term he may not be thinking anything but 2019.  That’s my point.  I’ll defer to you all as to his mindset.  

Thing is when it comes to Burns it shouldnt matter. Burns sucks.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I’m not giving up a 1st for a guy retiring in 3 years.

Baker might be dead or the next former Browns QB in 3 years if you don't Friggen figure out a way of protecting him. Stop worry about 5 years in the future when the next 3 aren't even guaranteed?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Baker might be dead or the next former Browns QB in 3 years if you don't Friggen figure out a way of protecting him. Stop worry about 5 years in the future when the next 3 aren't even guaranteed?

I agree with you here. I still believe the parameters of a deal should be the Duane Brown deal, but the premise is 100% fair.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Can we stop with the hyperbole? A lot of Bakers problems are Bakers own damn fault.

• Like 2