Trade Deadline Rumors

TakeTheBallDeep

8 hours ago, FinSting said:

Patrick Peterson to a contendah. 

BA almost pulled the trigger on a PP trade as soon as he got here. We've also adjusted Mike's contract twice to free up space and gave JPP a paycut and an out next year.

Of any teams that could/would trade for PP, I'd guess we'd be near the top of the list.

6 minutes ago, Dome said:

He also just admitted to smoking weed after every game.

hello weekly “random” drug tests 

So did Chris Long and David Irving. The NFL cares a lot less about weed than most people realize. Hell, its been rumored for 30 years that Jerry Jones has a team drug dealer so that his players dont get caught.  

Weed is the "Dont ask, dont tell" of the NFL. As long as you never get in the program in the first place, you can pretty much have free reign. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

AJ Green to the pats for a 1st.

Geno atkins to the saints for a 4th and a 6th. 

Why do the saints need Geno exactly?

i mean it seems like fine value I guess, just seems strange and would be out of the blue for sure 

15 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

So did Chris Long and David Irving. The NFL cares a lot less about weed than most people realize. Hell, its been rumored for 30 years that Jerry Jones has a team drug dealer so that his players dont get caught.  

Weed is the "Dont ask, dont tell" of the NFL. As long as you never get in the program in the first place, you can pretty much have free reign. 

If the NFL doesn’t care, why not go the MLB or NHL route?

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

And how does one of the best DTs in the league net such a small return?

I was more wondering “why would the saints even be calling about Geno?” 

Defensive line is arguably the Saint strongest position group outside of QB/Brees

Just now, Matts4313 said:

They will be. It will be one of the negotiating points. The owners get to keep an extra % of TV revenue, the players get laxed drug testing. 

No, why not do it 30 years ago if that’s how long they haven’t cared?

And if Jerry had a team weed dealer for 30 years, it would be more than a rumor. NFL players ain’t exactly known for being the most reliable secret keepers. And not everyone is a lifetime Cowboy.

Got any sources or articles about these rumors? Now I’m interested. 

14 minutes ago, Dome said:

Why do the saints need Geno exactly?

i mean it seems like fine value I guess, just seems strange and would be out of the blue for sure 

Geno seems lessninter3sted on a bad bengals team and when i daw the saints dline on snf there dts were average by pff. 

12 minutes ago, Dome said:

No, why not do it 30 years ago if that’s how long they haven’t cared?

Because the stance on weed specifically is changing.

And I didnt say the league didnt care for 30 years. I said Jerry provided a safe way for his players to get drugs - allegedly. But Jerry is the same guy who covered for Irvin stabbing a dude in the neck. He is the same guy who bangs 20 year old strippers in his 70's. He's here to party. 

Edited by Matts4313

4 minutes ago, Dome said:

And if Jerry had a team weed dealer for 30 years, it would be more than a rumor. NFL players ain’t exactly known for being the most reliable secret keepers. And not everyone is a lifetime Cowboy.

Got any sources or articles about these rumors? Now I’m interested. 

Not handy. I think its discussed in the "Boys will be boys" book; but I have never read it. I heard it second hand from someone who knew Irvin. 

10 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

The NFL trade deadline is October 29 so we are still a little ways away from that date, but are you hearing any trade rumors concerning your team? Or are there players you think your team should trade away or trade for?

I live in Denver and with the loss yesterday, along with the breaking news of Bradley Chubb out for the year with a torn ACL, the local radio guys are saying it might be time to think about trading away players like Emmanuel Sanders, Chris Harris, and even Von Miller to stock up draft picks and plan for a rebuild 

I know the Broncos would hate to help out the Patriots but I could see them as a team interested in Sanders 

So.....any rumors floating around out there?

Emmanuel Sanders needs to end up in Green Bay.