Trade Deadline Rumors

TakeTheBallDeep

Before you even get to the fact that KO isn't healthy, that trade rumour doesn't make sense.

Jimmy and KO have basically the same base salary, so I don't see how the Jets would be "eat[ting] Smith's money owed", never mind having to give the Jets a pick to do so.  Nor would it make sense for us to trade for a player who just lost out a position battle to someone wasn't thought good enough to keep around in pre-season (Alex Lewis).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

https://www.metro.us/sports/bet/advice/pa/patriots-keenan-allen-nfl-trade-rumors-steelers-eagles-fresh-buzz

Also saw the rumor floating around Twitter.  Anyone buy it given he is signed through 2020? A loss Sunday and I'm keeping my eyes out for it.

Allen to the Patriots is the nail in the coffin for the rest of the NFL

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

that would be just what the doctor ordered

I had a huge debate with @Broncofan about it. He thinks at 2-5 the Chargers would be dumb to sell because their window is for 2020, 2021 as well. He is a core piece but is only signed through next season. I see a potential out there but it is certifiable if they beat the Titans.

3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

https://www.metro.us/sports/bet/advice/pa/patriots-keenan-allen-nfl-trade-rumors-steelers-eagles-fresh-buzz

Also saw the rumor floating around Twitter.  Anyone buy it given he is signed through 2020? A loss Sunday and I'm keeping my eyes out for it.

I don't buy it at all. I saw this yesterday as well. Just wouldn't make any sense to me unless they were blown away with an offer. Or unless Rivers has told them that this is his last season privately or something. This team is still built to compete now once they get healthy. Now, I could see them move Gordon, of course

• Like 1

Just now, Nick_gb said:

Have a tough time seeing it. Shefty says he's not expected back and playing until after the deadline now. To give an offer that the Bengals can't refuse for a player you haven't even seen play this year is a dicey proposition

• Like 1