Trade Deadline Rumors

TakeTheBallDeep

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

I would do it for sure.   A 2nd and a 3rd = a 1st.   Taking on 10M to get the 1st is well worth it.

Too bad I'm not the GM lol.

Same with me.  I figure this trade would pretty much guarantee the Saints the Super Bowl barring any catastrophic injury and is well worth it IMO.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Then I tell every team to kick rocks and collect the comp picks lol Chris Harris is still probably the 3rd best CB in the NFL behind Ramsey and Gilmore---Im not giving that away for a BS mid round draft pick that helps nothing. I would rather keep him for the year, try to negotiate a long term deal in the offseason and if that cant be done then collect the 3rd round comp pick. Im also not giving away a top 20 WR in the NFL for a 5th, I would set the price at a 3rd and if nobody wants to meet it then take the 4th round comp pick next year for him.

I would basically be asking any team inquiring that they have to beat each players comp pick value or they are not getting moved.

That's not how you do business, especially for a team whose clearly in need of a rebuild.  You can hold out for a 3rd round pick in return for Emmanuel Sanders, but that price tag is wildly unwarranted.  He's 32 years old on an expiring contract.  He's not that overly valuable.  Maybe you can get a 4th round pick from a WR-needy team, but a 5th seems more realistic.

• Like 1

All 3 teams make sense given their pass catching options are limited backs.  DET’e need if Kerryon Johnson’s injury is significant is greater.  Still I doubt anyone is offering more than a 6th.  A 5th and MIA would be crazy not to accept given Drake has already told them he’s not open to an extension.  

44 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

All 3 teams make sense given their pass catching options are limited backs.  DET’e need if Kerryon Johnson’s injury is significant is greater.  Still I doubt anyone is offering more than a 6th.  A 5th and MIA would be crazy not to accept given Drake has already told them he’s not open to an extension.  

A 5th for Drake would be a Miami Miracle. One can hope...

• Like 1