Trade Deadline Rumors

TakeTheBallDeep

4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Geno seems lessninter3sted on a bad bengals team and when i daw the saints dline on snf there dts were average by pff. 

Rankins just returned from injury, Cowboys game was his first game back. Brown has been a great addition so far and Onyemata has been steadily improving. While a talent like Atkins would definitely help, DT is far from the weak link.

WR is a much much bigger issue with no help after Thomas.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

AJ Green to the pats for a 1st.

Geno atkins to the saints for a 4th and a 6th. 

Pats need OL or TE help currently, not WR. Their WRs are fine, but the running game is suffering in the absence of Wynn (or a competent L tackle anyway), Andrews and Gronk. Don't have much cap space left either.

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

Atkins is really good, but the Saints have three really good DTs. If it’s for cheap, then why not...but I doubt it would be. 

We have so many guys to pay right now, even if he was cheap I'd rather just hold on to the picks for the future, unless he was REALLY cheap.

The line as a whole:

Cam Jordan (high end)
Sheldon Rankins (high end)
David Onyemata (average, but solid in all facets)
Marcus Davenport (disruptive high upside specimen)
Malcolm Brown (quality run stuffer with 1st round pedigree)
T-Rex (could be a starter on some teams)

Then the reserves:

Mario Edwards (inside/outside depth)
Shy Tuttle (young developmental run stuffer)
Carl Granderson (high upside/character concern project edge rusher)

that's a real strong line with good depth. Honestly he's have to be even cheaper than a 4th + 6th for me to be stoked about it. 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Wishful thinking yes, but I don't think I'd trade him for less. He has sentimental value.

Which is fair but he's out for another 2 weeks.  With him being in the last year of his contract you won't get more than a 3rd at best for a 8-12 game rental of AJ Green before he needs resigned.  Honestly I wouldn't be surprised for the Bengals to get whatever they can for him because otherwise they might just let him walk.  Injury prone 32 y/o after this season that will still need a decent sized contract, let a team like the Patriots, Packers, Chargers, Saints etc with an aging QB that is looking to make another push pay him than a rebuilding team that isn't going anywhere.

22 minutes ago, Raves said:

Which is fair but he's out for another 2 weeks.  With him being in the last year of his contract you won't get more than a 3rd at best for a 8-12 game rental of AJ Green before he needs resigned.  Honestly I wouldn't be surprised for the Bengals to get whatever they can for him because otherwise they might just let him walk.  Injury prone 32 y/o after this season that will still need a decent sized contract, let a team like the Patriots, Packers, Chargers, Saints etc with an aging QB that is looking to make another push pay him than a rebuilding team that isn't going anywhere.

I would feel like a proud father watching him play for a contender. He's still got a lot left to give, and he doesn't deserve what we have to offer him.

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Atkins is worth much more than that. Not even close.

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

Wishful thinking yes, but I don't think I'd trade him for less. He has sentimental value.

Brand New in Box 1st rounder for both Geno and Green. Take it or leave it. 

We can sub John Ross for Green. 

Edited by Matts4313