Trade Deadline Rumors

TakeTheBallDeep

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

They would be trading a first round pick for a TE that was also a first round pick so that's a wash.

McVay can use his TE's interchangeably and having Everett and Engram to compliment Woods and Kupp would be an unreal pivot to 12 personnel and save use financially.

Yes, I agree it is highly unlikely, but there is something to gain for both teams in what I proposed. 

Didn’t they just extend Higbee? And they like Everett? 

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Looks like he's finally close to playing. He's looked good in the games he's played but we don't have anything proven at WR besides him. Rookie Renfrow, Zay Jones who hasn't played a game yet, Trevor Davis who is more of a gadget guy (now at least), and UDFA rookie Keelan Doss.

Any good fantasy  pickups besides Josh Jacobs, Waller and Carr? 

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

33 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Any good fantasy  pickups besides Josh Jacobs, Waller and Carr? 

We have been doing a ton of 2-3 TE sets with our WR's out, so Foster Moreau would be a good find in a super deep league. However with Williams back now who knows. I'd just focus on Waller and Jacobs as Raiders.

4 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I'm curious if the Giants would be willing to do Evan Engram straight up for Brandin Cooks.

Why the Giants would do it? Get a #1 WR to replace ODB who is still young to pair with Saqon and Danny Dimes.

Why would the Rams do it? Moving to a 12 personnel from an 11 personnel means less 3 WR sets and more 2 TE sets. Woods and Kupp are outproducing him. McVay loved Engram the year he was drafted and we went with Everett in round 2. Cap relief would help with Jalen's deal next year. 

Not gonna happen. Sorry. :)

20 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Why would the Giants deal Engram when their QB needs weapons?

Because the weapons they have all play best in the same position.

1.  Sterling Shepard ran 34 routes per game in the slot, over 60 percent of his snaps, when Golden Tate was out...and a league-high 6.5 targets per game in the slot.  ADOT of 7.5 yards.

2.  Golden Tate in his DET days ran 69 percent of his routes in the slot.  His ADOT was 8.6 yards.   

When Tate was suspended, and Shepard's been out, there's no conflict.   Don't take my opinion for it, the numbers don't lie:

----------------------------------------------------------

Air Yards Weeks 1-4 Shepard - 110, 78, 152, DNP

Targets Weeks 1-4 Shepard - 9, 9, 10, DNP

Air Yards Week 5-7 for Tate - 17 (1st game back), 105, 102

Targets Weeks 5-7 for Tate -  6, 9, 11

It hasn't been a problem with both WR's never on the field at the same time with Engram (since, in 4-wide, you can have double slots, so 2 guys can co-exist).  But sooner or later, Shepard is coming back - and then what?   Forcing 1 of those 3 guys to the outside doesn't capitalize on what they do best.   So now we will soon have a pure move TE in Engram who operates best in the middle of the field...with 2 guys who play best in the middle of the field.   

Now, of course it would be easier to move the WR, right?    Except Shepard is out with his 2nd concussion, and Tate is expensive, and old.   And frankly, Engram's IRL value is diminished by the fact he's a glorified WR playing move TE.  

So when you look at it deeper, it actually makes more sense.   It allows NYG to recommit resources to get an outside WR, and then they can get an inline TE - who would help free up more holes for their all-universe Saquon.  

It's a downer for fantasy, but IRL - I do see the reasoning.  Honestly, the Tate signing was the move that forced this - allocating $$ to a slot guy was always a head scratcher.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Because the weapons they have all play best in the same position.

1.  Sterling Shepard ran 34 routes per game in the slot, over 60 percent of his snaps, when Golden Tate was out...and a league-high 6.5 targets per game in the slot.  ADOT of 7.5 yards.

2.  Golden Tate in his DET days ran 69 percent of his routes in the slot.  His ADOT was 8.6 yards.   

When Tate was suspended, and Shepard's been out, there's no conflict.   Don't take my opinion for it, the numbers don't lie:

----------------------------------------------------------

Air Yards Weeks 1-4 Shepard - 110, 78, 152, DNP

Targets Weeks 1-4 Shepard - 9, 9, 10, DNP

Air Yards Week 5-7 for Tate - 17 (1st game back), 105, 102

Targets Weeks 5-7 for Tate -  6, 9, 11

It hasn't been a problem with both WR's never on the field at the same time with Engram (since, in 4-wide, you can have double slots, so 2 guys can co-exist).  But sooner or later, Shepard is coming back - and then what?   Forcing 1 of those 3 guys to the outside doesn't capitalize on what they do best.   So now we will soon have a pure move TE in Engram who operates best in the middle of the field...with 2 guys who play best in the middle of the field.   

Now, of course it would be easier to move the WR, right?    Except Shepard is out with his 2nd concussion, and Tate is expensive, and old.   And frankly, Engram's IRL value is diminished by the fact he's a glorified WR playing move TE.  

So when you look at it deeper, it actually makes more sense.   It allows NYG to recommit resources to get an outside WR, and then they can get an inline TE - who would help free up more holes for their all-universe Saquon.  

It's a downer for fantasy, but IRL - I do see the reasoning.  Honestly, the Tate signing was the move that forced this - allocating $$ to a slot guy was always a head scratcher.  

Then dont draft him or dont sign Tate

39 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

What's Evan Engrams price in your mind?

Does a team like New England give a 1st plus? I mean Edelman isn't going to play forever. 

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

SEA needs TE far more than any other team.  RIP Will Dissly.  We hardly knew you.  

Well Dissly and Evan will make a great pair once Will returns. Two different tes in my mind. Their's definitely going to be a nice market for Evan.

Especially, If OJ Howard is legitimately unavailable. Engram will have a nice market for sure though.  It's smart of Gentlemen given the fact that I don't see anymore top 10 picks in the draft with Jones and Barkley behind center.

10 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Well Dissly and Evan will make a great pair once Will returns. Two different tes in my mind. Their's definitely going to be a nice market for Evan.

Especially, If OJ Howard is legitimately unavailable. Engram will have a nice market for sure though.  It's smart of Gentlemen given the fact that I don't see anymore top 10 picks in the draft with Jones and Barkley behind center.

Dissly sadly is most likely done as a real life TE difference maker and almost certainly as a dynasty TE to own.  He’s not athletic at all and so an Achilles on top of a patella tear is most likely a career killer.   It’s not like when a peak athlete like Sanders or Steve Smith tear their Achilles - they have some explosiveness they can afford losing.  I don’t see that with Dissly. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1