Trade Deadline Rumors

TakeTheBallDeep

14 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Why keep him if you are benching him? That 6th round pick you are poo pooing could be the last piece needed to trade up for a stud or could be the next Antonio Brown... without the crazy. You want all the picks you can get if you are going the rebuild route. You have 3-4 6th round picks in your back pocket you suddenly have a ton more flexibility on draft day. 

Because he's under contract for next year and they trade him during the offseason.  

I don't really see this as being a big deal.  I said 6th round pick, but i'm not confident that anyone would have offered anything.  There were no starters jobs up for grabs, and no one wants a 17m/year backup that they have to give up picks for.

But, seems the last 3 weeks have been about how the Bengals are screwing this whole thing up because they're not selling off their good players for pennies on the dollar.  For the record, i think they screwed up by not trading Eifert and Cordy Glenn for whatever they could get.  But i think they made the right move by keeping everyone else.  Getting rid of good players, proven commodities, is seldom the right answer.

15 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

That 6th round pick you are poo pooing could be the last piece needed to trade up for a stud or could be the next Antonio Brown...

Or it is far, far, more likelier we draft someone who makes little to no impact at all. 

Keep your 6th. I'd rather have Andy for the rest of the year and see if that compensation improves in the offseason. If not, oh well. We lost out on a 6th round pick.