Ominous Josh Allen Comparison

Howler

4 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I'm not sure Logan Thomas had the arm strength of Josh Allen, who has a cannon.

Allen could throw the ball through a brick wall. Of course, hitting the brick wall is another story.

Logan Thomas had a cannon too. Hard to say whose got the bigger arm, but they're both in the territory of insane arm strength. Thomas wasn't as mobile as Allen and I'm sure Allen interviewed much better, which definitely can make the difference between 4th and 1st round pick when we're talking picking your future franchise QB.

23 hours ago, Starless said:

Again, how does that differentiate him from someone like Logan Thomas? 

It just baffles me that this dude was the #7 overall pick when literally the only positive attributes he had as a prospect were arm strength and athleticism. 

Size. Leadership. Poise under pressure. 

The only thing he doesn’t have is good accuracy. A big flaw, sure. But he isn’t am abomination like some are making him out to be. If you think Logan Thomas was a better prospect, I don’t know what to tell you. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

His accuracy was terrible in college too.   Never understood why he was heralded as a first round talent.     

He has his moments where he can make some very nice throws, admittedly, but never with any real consistency.   

Because there are a lot of fans and people in the media that don't really understand that playing QB is more about your ability to process information fast, pre and post snap reads on the defense, go through your progressions, and make the correct decision with the most beneficial ball placement. These people only understand whether a pass looks visually impressive and to them that makes a player really good. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

It's not even the accuracy I'm concerned with first off. He drops back and looks like he's staring into space. When he finally progresses his reads, it's because he's looking for his scrambling route. He doesn't care about becoming a better passer. He'd rather polish and master that god given 6'5 240 lbs, 4.7 forty running ability...

Yeah I have already proved you wrong on this but if you like I can post the numbers again. 

Like I have said, the NE game was awful. His worst game by far. And even that game he only ran 5 times (compared to 28 pass attempts) with 2 of them being designed rushes. But I would love to know why you keep saying this with zero evidence to support it.

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Yeah I have already proved you wrong on this but if you like I can post the numbers again. 

Like I have said, the NE game was awful. His worst game by far. And even that game he only ran 5 times (compared to 28 pass attempts) with 2 of them being designed rushes. But I would love to know why you keep saying this with zero evidence to support it.

Going into Week 4, Josh Allen had the 2nd most rushes by a QB, second only to guess who? Lamar Jackson.

You haven't proved anyone wrong. You just can't accept the fact that Allen isn't who you thought he was.

So far Allen has a 67 QB rating and a 69 QB rating. He is probably gonna end this year with more INTs than TDs for the 2nd straight season. He has obvious talents, but way too inconsistent. Shame cause hes on a real good team, but hes gonna hold them back in the end. 

13 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Going into Week 4, Josh Allen had the 2nd most rushes by a QB, second only to guess who? Lamar Jackson.

You haven't proved anyone wrong. You just can't accept the fact that Allen isn't who you thought he was.

15 designed rushes out of 31.

This BS narrative you push that he looks to run and pretends to be a QB is laughable and based on nothing but you're weird hatred for him.

I said earlier in this thread I am not Josh's biggest supporter but I will stand up for things that aren't true. You can talk about his accuracy and handling of pressure and I won't bat an eye because it is bad and needs work. 

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

15 designed rushes out of 31.

This BS narrative you push that he looks to run and pretends to be a QB is laughable and based on nothing but you're weird hatred for him.

I said earlier in this thread I am not Josh's biggest supporter but I will stand up for things that aren't true. You can talk about his accuracy and handling of pressure and I won't bat an eye because it is bad and needs work. 

Cool. Keep worrying about nitpicking which of his runs were designed or not while he craps the bed. I don't have a weird hatred for him. I don't even know him. I do know he is overrated, not a good QB, and is undeservedly getting praised for winning games that his defense is doing for him. 

32 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Cool. Keep worrying about nitpicking which of his runs were designed or not while he craps the bed. I don't have a weird hatred for him. I don't even know him. I do know he is overrated, not a good QB, and is undeservedly getting praised for winning games that his defense is doing for him. 

How is posting all of his stats nitpicking?

That would be precisely what you did when trying to say he looks to run and only pretends to read the routes. But hey, this has been. Let's do it again soon.