Ominous Josh Allen Comparison

Howler

19 hours ago, lancerman said:

Because there are a lot of fans and people in the media that don't really understand that playing QB is more about your ability to process information fast, pre and post snap reads on the defense, go through your progressions, and make the correct decision with the most beneficial ball placement. These people only understand whether a pass looks visually impressive and to them that makes a player really good. 

Coming out of the draft I didn't think progressions and all that were a great strength of Allen's either. Has he shown much to disprove that? I can't say I've watched a lot of Allen, but from the game I did watch against the Pats (admittedly probably not a good "sample" game), he made some dreadful decisions (see his 3 picks, two of which were into triple-coverage I believe). Plus, completion percentage and interceptions have a lot to do with decision-making, and neither is a great number right now for Allen (60.3%, 6 INTs in 4 games - on pace for 24). Just my two cents.

On 10/3/2019 at 12:39 AM, drew39k said:

Im just confused as to why bills fans keep implying that the pats game was his only bad game... The dude chucked four picks in week one against the jets. Thats a pretty terrible game.

Only 2 on the stat sheet though ;)

And ironically the two that counted were less his fault and better throws then the two that didn't.

You can tell a lot of people just cherry pick stats. Josh Allen has shown a ton of growth this year. He's consistently driving the Bills down the field (outside of the Pats game). His accuracy issues are overstated. Everyone pointed to his completion percentage last year as a sign he's terribly inaccurate. Now that that's starting to improve they choose to ignore it. If he gets the idiotic hero ball throws out of his game, then he's going to be a franchise QB in this league.