Off Topic: The DC Defenders/XFL Thread

aceinthehouse

Josh Johnson & former Redskins preseason running back Martez Carter looking great today.

Johnson 9/13, 119 yds w/ 2 TDs and a 137.5 rtg in the first half. 

Rather then Cardale Jones, Johnson should be brought in to compete to be Haskins’ back up.

Cardale & the Defenders looking like trash so far.

Matt Jones had 15 carries, 95 yards & a TD today (6.3 ypc).

Edited by turtle28

Defenders looking like trash this week way from home. They’re down 13-0 to the 0-3 Vipers, not good!

I really like what PJ Walker (61%, 239 yds & 2 TDs) is doing in Houston and Ta’Amu (20/27, 264 yds & a TD) continues to do as St. Louis’s QB and he had 63 yds rushing.

Donald Paraham again looked good today at TE for the Renegades. 6 recs, 56 yds & a TD.

Josh Johnson still looks like he should’ve been on our team as QB last year (63%, 330 yds, 2 tds yesterday). I like the guy still as a back up for Haskins this year even more then Cardale, but I like PJ Walker or Ta’Amu the best bc of their ability to run and make off schedule plays as well as he makes plays in rhythm from the pocket. 

Ta’Amu will also only be 22 years old when the season starts (Dec 10th Bday), Walker just turned 25 in February.  They are both younger and more mobile/athletic then Cardale (28 in September) and Josh Johnson who will be 34 on my birthday, May 15th, I like his birthday but don't like his age.

‪Jordan Ta'amu..how did he do that?

https://youtu.be/GbB-nm1wpI4 via @YouTube‬

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

We're at least all off the "Cardale for Dwayne's backup" train right? Good. That choo choo never should have left the station.

I don't think it hurts to have anyone come in, have a work out and compete to make the team, but I think we could do better then Cardale as a back up. That being said yesterday and the week before vs. LA on several occasions the WRs ran the wrong routes. Cardale's problem is he trusts his arm too much and doesn't make easier throws that the defense often gives him, instead he tries to force it downfield too often instead of just moving the chains and moving on to the next down. He has a cannon for an arm and is sneaky athletic despite his size but he isn't as efficient and smart with the football as he should be. That was his problem at Ohio State and why he lost to the job to JT Barrett after Cardale led the Buckeyes to the National Championship the year before. His arm talent is incredible, but if you're a QB you have to be smart with the ball and take the easy plays that the defense is giving you on almost every play instead of always trying to hit the home runs bc you have a strong arm. Cardale has to do more of that if he ever wants to be back in the NFL as a back up QB.

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

We're at least all off the "Cardale for Dwayne's backup" train right? Good. That choo choo never should have left the station.

I'm not a fan of pulling any of the guys from the XFL, except maybe Walker.  There is a reason a lot of those guys settled for the XFL right now.  I'd take a flier on someone later in the draft, or get one of the veterans that are always floating around out there who actually can stick around the NFL. 

7 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I'm not a fan of pulling any of the guys from the XFL, except maybe Walker.  There is a reason a lot of those guys settled for the XFL right now.  I'd take a flier on someone later in the draft, or get one of the veterans that are always floating around out there who actually can stick around the NFL. 

Ta’amu from St Louis team - QB for DJ Metcalf & AJ Brown in college at Ole Miss  -has been good too but PJ Walker has been the best. Ta’amu is also younger, only 22 vs Walker who will be 26.

Edited by turtle28

16 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

A friend of mine posted a picture from the game on Facebook today while both teams were in a timeout, and it certainly looks like the stadium was at least 3/4 full.  

Yeah, fans are going to those games. Must be something about ticket prices...

12 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

https://www.xfl.com/articles/xfl-statement

Class act from Vinnie Mac in this instance.  Really hope that they can have another go at this next year.  Also heard that they will release players to the NFL and CFL who have credible contract offers.  

That’s good. First time in my life I actually liked Vince McMannon.