Off Topic: The DC Defenders/XFL Thread

aceinthehouse

On 2/9/2020 at 2:40 PM, turtle28 said:

Jerry Glanville the defensive coordinator for the Tampa Viper!

Jerry? I can't believe he's still alive... Nfl = not for long!

Sort of suprised Jerry didn’t hook up with Kevin Gilbride, they were together a generation ago in Houston, or somewhere. Possible ol Jerry didn’t want to move to NY

17 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Sort of suprised Jerry didn’t hook up with Kevin Gilbride, they were together a generation ago in Houston, or somewhere. Possible ol Jerry didn’t want to move to NY

They hated each other. Gilbride is the one Jerry chocked out on the sidelines in Houston in the early 90s.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

You’re right, it was Buddy Ryan and he punched Gilbride. 😂 

Lol, you know what I’m thinking of. Glanville was with June Jones, not Gilbride at the U of Hawaii for a while. He might have crossed paths with Gilbride, who knows. Seen one Run n Shoot OC you seen em all

• Like 1

â€ȘLandry Jones passes for 305 yards in first game in 777 days

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/16/landry-jones-passes-for-305-yards-in-first-game-in-777-days/ via @ProFootballTalk‬

On Sunday, Jones completed 28 of 40 passes for 305 yards with a touchdown and two interceptions. He was better in the second half than the first, going 11-of-14 for 128 yards and a score.

He wasn’t satisfied with anything other than the win.

“Just call a spade a spade. You know what I mean?” said Jones, who also had four carries for 13 yards. “Let’s not sugar coat things. That’s the only way you’re going to get better. We play in a public arena and for all the world to watch, so it’s not a secret that I didn’t play very good today. I’m sure I’m going to get on Twitter and have all kind of haters. A win’s a win. It wasn’t pretty, but we got it done.”

â€ȘJordan Ta'amu leads XFL with 602 total yards

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/17/jordan-taamu-leads-xfl-with-602-total-yards/ via @ProFootballTalk‬

He has 493 passing yards (second to D.C.’s Cardale Jones with 511) and 109 rushing yards (third among all XFL players). Ta’amu also has completed more than 78 percent of his passes, including 81 percent on Sunday in a loss at Houston.

Former NFL running back Matt Jones, walso plays for St. Louis, leads the XFL in rushing, with 129 yards. L.A. Wildcats receiver Nelson Spruce leads all pass-catchers with 192 yards.

Jones, Ta’amu, and P.J. Walker of the Houston Roughnecks are the league’s top quarterbacks. Dallas quarterback Landry Jones, who missed Week One due to injury, rebounded from a rough start on Sunday to finish with 305 passing yards in a 25-18 win at L.A.