Dave Gettleman and the Giants rebuild

Gmen

3 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

Cardinals, top 5 defense. Are you sure about that?

I stand by everything in that post. I believe this team is well positioned for success moving forward. There are holes on this team that need to be addressed. MLB, FS, OT, WR. But it’s all going to come together like a ... thing that comes together well.

Trust the process. 

25 minutes ago, Gmen said:

I stand by everything in that post. I believe this team is well positioned for success moving forward. There are holes on this team that need to be addressed. MLB, FS, OT, WR. But it’s all going to come together like a ... thing that comes together well.

Trust the process. 

Edge Rusher?  

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Not really sure if this says more about Daniel Jones or PFF? 

If on a pace for 38 turnovers in 16 games gets high marks then those marks are not worth anything.

THOSE PFF GUYS LOVE QB FUMBLES! I think you get +5 in your PFF rating for each fumble lost.

I really think the PFF guys must be Giants fans who feel bad about the booing at Yankee Stadium.

Ready for the ANY/A comparison update?

Jones ANY/A is now 4.26 (31st and worse than anyone not named Josh Rosen for qualifiers and 53rd among all players to throw 3 or more passes this year )

He's gone from a Ponder clone to a Gabbert clone. xD  I may have to search for failures in the 3's after next week.

• Jake Locker was a career 5.38
  • Bortles is a career 5.37
  • Trevor Siemian is a career 5.28
  • Christian Ponder had a career 4.60
  • Gabbert is a career 4.27
  • Paxton Lynch is a career 4.10

I don't get how a pair of PFF legends in Tomlinson and Lawrence are anchoring the league's 26th ranked pass defense and the 27th ranked run defense 

• They were 25th in adjusted line yards after 6 games... meaning they get blown off the ball as a line.
  • They are 26th in yards allowed to runs going to middle/guard through 6 games.
  • I guess if you really suck but get some QB pressures in 7 games then you are a defensive rookie of the year candidate if you also play in New Jersey?

Baker helped his D hold Arizona to 104 yards passing at under 5 per pass. I am not surprised that he got his highest ranking.

Lawrence and co got ran over for 163 yards rushing on 35 runs at 4.7 a pop (not counting 3 Murray kneels for -7) Will PFF grade him over 70 again for fun?

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Not really sure if this says more about Daniel Jones or PFF? 

PFF. The weight they put on "big time throws" is absurd. Jones continued to show poor pocket awareness and made a really bad decision on his interception. He limited his turnover worthy throws though and delivered some big time throws that got dropped. That apparently is enough for PFF to give him a better grade than his TB game, which is plain stupid. He played alright, got 0 help from his OL and head coach, but the best performance of his career? Better than his first start? Not a chance.

Looks like PFF is a little more down on Jones than Gmen thinks.

PICK NO. 6: QB DANIEL JONES, NEW YORK GIANTS

2019 overall grade: 63.0

As has pretty much been the case all year, Jones showed some positives on Sunday, but those positives came with their fair share of negatives. Altogether, Jones completed 22 of his 37 attempts for 223 yards, one touchdown and one interception, and he had very limited success from a clean pocket, completing 13-of-23 such attempts for 120 yards, an interception and a passer rating of just 52.8. While his four big-time throws caught the eye of many a Giants fan, he also let go of three turnover-worthy passes in the game, which is tied for the most among quarterbacks this week. Through seven weeks of the NFL season, only Jameis Winston (18) has more turnover-worthy plays than Jones (14).

• Like 2