GDT[Week 5]: Dallas Cowboys Vs. Green Bay Packers

canadaluvsdallas

as mentioned by other posters on here Zeke Elliott, more than anyone on this team, I hope, start showing what he is really about. 

The other one would be our coaching staff. It doesn't matter if it was more Jason Garrett on more Kellen Moore. That game was a pathetic conservative do nothing game that I'm hoping was nothing more than a glitch in the season, rather than the norm. I would much rather suck out right then to be actual Pretenders. Fools gold is the biggest stressor there is. One game doesn't mean we are fools gold, in a season with ups and downs. But that was such an embarrassing disgusting effort and loss, on national TV, in which most teams would rise to the occasion. Not only did we not rise to the occasion, we fell flat on our faces. It's been a few days and I still can't get over how he only managed to score 10 points. I still can't get over our constant predictable running Zeke on first down for no gain and not making much adjustment to it. I've seen the script before so I'm praying it is a one-game aberration

I guess we'll find out after Sunday

Edited by resilient part 2

12 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

as mentioned by other posters on here Zeke Elliott, more than anyone on this team, I hope, start showing what he is really about. 

The other one would be our coaching staff. It doesn't matter if it was more Jason Garrett on more Kellen Moore. That game was a pathetic conservative do nothing game that I'm hoping was nothing more than a glitch in the season, rather than the norm. I would much rather suck out right then to be actual Pretenders. Fools gold is the biggest stressor there is. One game doesn't mean we are fools gold, in a season with ups and downs. But that was such an embarrassing disgusting effort and loss, on national TV, in which most teams would rise to the occasion. Not only did we not rise to the occasion, we fell flat on our faces. It's been a few days and I still can't get over how he only managed to score 10 points. I still can't get over our constant predictable running Zeke on first down for no gain and not making much adjustment to it. I've seen the script before so I'm praying it is a one-game aberration

I guess we'll find out after Sunday

Check the stuff I posted in the news thread. We did it because the Saints dared us to. They were dropping back and playing coverage, so we "countered" by relying on the most highly paid assets on the team  - - OL and Zeke. We thought "light boxes, easy runs" and it failed. The strategy makes a lot more sense now that people have seen the All-22 game film. 

As Mangini said "That wasnt about coaching, it was about their X beating your O". Amari Cooper said the same thing. That they were dropping into zones the whole game, which means Cooper was likely doubled most snaps. 

Edited by Matts4313

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Check the stuff I posted in the news thread. We did it because the Saints dared us to. They were dropping back and playing coverage, so we "countered" by relying on the most highly paid assets on the team  - - OL and Zeke. We thought "light boxes, easy runs" and it failed. The strategy makes a lot more sense now that people have seen the All-22 game film. 

As Mangini said "That wasnt about coaching, it was about their X beating your O". Amari Cooper said the same thing. That they were dropping into zones the whole game, which means Cooper was likely doubled most snaps. 

I read the other thread, and I get what you're saying. But at some point if things don't work for whatever reason, you can't keep going to it. I believe the stat was 12 rushing attempts on first down for Zeke for only 17 yards games. If that is accurate that is extremely pathetic.

And as mentioned already the play-action pass was very successful for us in three games and in a small sample successful for us the last game. But for some reason we did not attempt it often. It has to be a better reasoning they just weren't enough guys in the Box

Personally I think or o coordinator really struggled with the play structure and the crowd noise ..    simplified things silent count but that sacrificed the movement that was effective for us and also allowed the D to get a step start on or OL

i am worried historically I can see us struggle again running as GB makes adjustments to stop the run better

i just expect the home cooking to fix the O.  But I also am real worried about the D    Our DL has to have a better game this time  

Packers are likely going to come out and do the exact opposite of the Saints and 100% stack the box and force Dak to beat them. I do not watch them enough, but I believe they have one of the top passing defenses (in yards allowed).  Is that because of their crappy run defense that teams don't bother to pass? Is that because they have not faced a competent QB all year? (yes that is intended to be phrased that way).  I have no idea...but I expect this game to 100% be on Dak and the WRs.  I expect them to attack the LT often. Still need Zeke to have a good game, to keep the defense honest and that will start with the OL.  If those interior guys play that bad again and we do not have Smith...Dak is going to get worked over.