Week 1: The Other Games

The Gnat

2 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

The refs in the GB/SEA game should really have to forfeit their checks for the week. Three calls that totally changed the complexion of the game. 

I think you're on to something there. For every bad call, a ref should be forced to donate part of his check to hurricane relief efforts. 

3 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

The refs in the GB/SEA game should really have to forfeit their checks for the week. Three calls that totally changed the complexion of the game. 

Do you think their game checks are within an order of magnitude of the amount the Packer backers are paying them? Seriously, those calls were so brutal the only explanation I can believe is that they are on the take. For the most part, these guys are smart enough to not get caught but those calls were pretty bold and blatant.

Apparently, the 12th man isn't willing to cough up enough to compete with the Packer backers. We can relate. We also don't have so many well-to-do fans with nothing better to do with their spending cash.

Something just dawned on me....

The Green Bay Packers are owned by stockholders/fans.
The league is run by its team owners.
The league is who pays the refs.

So essentially, the Packers and their fans do pay off the refs every week, which is why they get so many calls in their favor.

2 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

Do you think their game checks are within an order of magnitude of the amount the Packer backers are paying them? Seriously, those calls were so brutal the only explanation I can believe is that they are on the take. For the most part, these guys are smart enough to not get caught but those calls were pretty bold and blatant.

Apparently, the 12th man isn't willing to cough up enough to compete with the Packer backers. We can relate. We also don't have so many well-to-do fans with nothing better to do with their spending cash.

The refs ALWAYS  favour The Packers and cheat for them, and have them win games they would have lost.  They do the same for Dallas. 

9 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

No, apparently it doesn't matter whether it's replacement refs or regular refs...if it's Seattle-Green Bay, it's a poorly officiated game.

I can't decide if the Bears actually looked decent or if the Falcons offense had an off day.

Are the Jags turning a corner? Lean on Fournette, play solid D and have Bortles manage the game the best he can worked yesterday. Curious to see how much the loss of Robinson impacts them.

Colts are trash without Luck.

Kizer showing some promise in Cleveland and they were without Garrett, could be an interesting team to watch.

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

I can't decide if the Bears actually looked decent or if the Falcons offense had an off day.

Are the Jags turning a corner? Lean on Fournette, play solid D and have Bortles manage the game the best he can worked yesterday. Curious to see how much the loss of Robinson impacts them.

Colts are trash without Luck.

Kizer showing some promise in Cleveland and they were without Garrett, could be an interesting team to watch.

• It's Week 1.  
  • I wouldn't say they've turned a corner, because, outside of a stellar defense, the Texans aren't all that talented or good on offense...and with the chaos surrounding the Houston area, I'm not all that surprised that they lost (even though I had predicted they'd win).
  • Colts without Luck are the Packers without Rodgers...or the Colts without Peyton Manning...or the Browns.  There is zero talent on that team without Luck...Grigson sapped that team of any talent (even though they were losing talent even under Polian)
  • Browns will be more competitive under Hue, but they are still the Browns until proven otherwise.  

Archived