Reality of Colbert.

VigilantZombie

Honestly, I wouldn't hate bring AB back next year on a dirt cheap contract. He's got something special with Ben. He would have to be ok with sharing catches with JW, Diontae, and JuJu, though, which he'd probably never be ok with. Ben with AB and this defense immediately puts us as SB contenders. Ben would also have to not force it to AB every throw, which he actually seemed to be getting better at in their last year together. 

1 hour ago, Displayname said:

I think it was just a video he posted wearing a steelers helmet running routes. 

raiders helmet and steelers uniform, not sure if thats the certified raiders helmet though9_9

did he realize this though, thats what needs to be known before signing him.

Edited by 3rivers

4 minutes ago, August4th said:

no way they bring him back

he burnt that bridge. only way we see AB being cheered by steelers fans in Heinz field is if they retire his jersey 15-20 years from now

or if he drops a crucial pass for another team , or throw a tantrum on the sidelines etc;)

what would be good is if nobody signs him, all while  he doesn't go to jail. Then of course the endless social media clips of him practising  - and nowhere to play:D It could go on for a few years, maybe even a decadexD

1 hour ago, August4th said:

I doubt he really feels bad for how he acted

that letter he posted was most likely written by someone else. seems like he's struggling to live his lifestyle financially right now and is desperate to get some NFL checks rolling in.

desperation on his part. I hope nobody signs him again, and he continues to post his efforts for trying to get signed. It's telling when the best WR in the NFL for 5 years can't get singed at allxD

I absolutely loved AB and was heartbroken with how it all ended.   I am still very disappointed.  

That being said, I would never ever ever take that guy on my team, regardless of what team I cheered for.     He is mentally unstable and a narcissist. 

And beyond any of our feelings about him, there is absolutely no way his and Ben's relationship can be fixed.    Even if we wanted him back, there is no way they would put those two together again.  Ben is a narcissist too, and I doubt he would be willing to forgive and forget, and I dont think Tomlin would ever take that risk.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I absolutely loved AB and was heartbroken with how it all ended.   I am still very disappointed.  

That being said, I would never ever ever take that guy on my team, regardless of what team I cheered for.     He is mentally unstable and a narcissist. 

And beyond any of our feelings about him, there is absolutely no way his and Ben's relationship can be fixed.    Even if we wanted him back, there is no way they would put those two together again.  Ben is a narcissist too, and I doubt he would be willing to forgive and forget, and I dont think Tomlin would ever take that risk.

there were major ego issues on this team, but now? the killer b's are dead and this team is achieving for a change.  I like this team much more than any of the teams in the last 8 years, maybe even more than the 2010 team.  This is much more in line with the definition of team, something new around here.

AB has issues, he can't blame teammates/coaches for his off the field issues. I'm not only referring to the possible legal issue (could be allegation proved false eventually), but all the social media and throwing something out of the apartment  etc. He might be past the point of no return.  Probably top 5 that ever played his position, and all going to waste . 

On 2019-12-07 at 11:23 AM, August4th said:

no way they bring him back

he burnt that bridge. only way we see AB being cheered by steelers fans in Heinz field is if they retire his jersey 15-20 years from now

they won't retire his jersey, not sure if that was sarcasm but it was good .

If AB never behaved the way he did with the raiders, he might have some interest, but all those incidents are going to keep team away. He might be seen as a toxic personality comparable to the worst that have ever been in this league. I don't know if there is a list for such, but he would have to be on that list if it's a top100, maybe top 50, maybe top 20 O.o

On 12/6/2019 at 5:55 PM, wwhickok said:

Speculation is starting to swirl that AB might end up back in Pittsburgh 

I would take him, 2020 and 2021 is our last good shot at a SB while we have Ben and before some of our stars start to leave because we can't afford them all. Steelers are better with AB than without. If he will play for a price we can afford, the locker room can just deal with him.

55 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

I would take him, 2020 and 2021 is our last good shot at a SB while we have Ben and before some of our stars start to leave because we can't afford them all. Steelers are better with AB than without. If he will play for a price we can afford, the locker room can just deal with him.

I wold forget about AB , and win a SB without ben such as what is in progress B|

How anyone can consider bringing back AB is something I can't understand. Let him starve for a few years and laugh at all the social media posts and clips where he is (now) apologizing for the way he has misbehaved and mistreated people.  

Bell will probably be released too. 

Maybe Colbert deserves some credit here, for moving on from these 2 divas. Bell did roll a 251 though.