News and Notes W5: Hopeful prognosis on Tyron Smith

Matts4313

The Cowboys received a bit of good news Monday on the injury suffered by Pro Bowl left tackle Tyron Smith. While it is a high right ankle sprain, it does not appear as severe as initially was thought after the loss to the New Orleans Saints, according to a source. While his availability for this week’s game against the Green Bay Packers is not yet known, it does not appear to be a major sprain of the ligament that could keep him out for a long period of time.

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41078757-4

For those of you who like PFF grades, here are they are through week 4:

OFFENSE:

Dak Prescott- 87.2

Ezekiel Elliott- 70.5

Amari Cooper- 74.5

Michael Gallup- 84.2

Randall Cobb- 69.9

Jason Witten- 65.4

Blake Jarwin- 61.0

Tyron Smith- 78.5

Connor Williams- 59.4

Travis Frederick- 59.9

Zack Martin- 77.6

La’el Collins- 87.4

DEFENSE:

Byron Jones- 72.8

Chidobe Awuzie- 64.3

Anthony Brown- 65.5

Jourdan Lewis- 72.5

Xavier Woods- 64.6

Jeff Heath- 76.5

LVE- 74.0

Jaylon Smith- 55.8

Sean Lee- 59.4

Demarcus Lawrence- 75.4

Maliek Collins- 74.8

Christian Covington- 64.6

Robert Quinn- 80.0

26 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Yeah, Heath has actually been really good, which I almost feel is a problem since I don't think he can keep it up. I mean, what does it say about your secondary if Jeff Heath is its best player?

It says nobody is getting an extension this year.

• Like 1

Figure this is a good indication as to how poorly the Dallas OL and Zeke played vs Saints......

I can't find the tweet now but AdamJT13 posted this in a reply to someone ... Zeke saw 8+ in the box twice vs NO.  

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Figure this is a good indication as to how poorly the Dallas OL and Zeke played vs Saints......

I can't find the tweet now but AdamJT13 posted this in a reply to someone ... Zeke saw 8+ in the box twice vs NO.  

Thats pathetic. Wow. 

Maybe Moore didnt call an awful game after all. I just watched an interview with Cooper and he said the same thing. The Saints were playing to stop our passing game. Dropping back, light boxes, playing zone. They dared us to run. We thought we had the tools to make them pay.

15 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Maybe Moore didnt call an awful game after all. I just watched an interview with Cooper and he said the same thing. The Saints were playing to stop our passing game. Dropping back, light boxes, playing zone. They dared us to run. We thought we had the tools to make them pay.

Well, JG's seat was and is going to remain hot no matter what. He has to get some big results. I don't know if it's necessarily SB or bust, but NFCC game is probably a minimum requirement for him to keep his job. 

I would assume Kris Richard or maybe Doug Nussmeir take over if something happens to Red mid season. 

I know everyone is going to be pushing for Lincoln Riley to be HC, but I would push hardest for Chris Peterson personally. You can probably retain Moore and he should have a good relationship with CP already.  

25 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Well the bolded part is just scary and depressing. Last year it was the other way around.

Edited by HDsportsfan