Week 5 - Rams at Seahawks - TNF

RamRod

I expect the Rams to bounce back and win. Amongst all the "the sky is falling talk", the Rams are a resilient team. Only once if I can recall the Rams losing a game following a loss in the McVay era. So they are great in responding after losses. Also the Rams are (3-0) on TNF and oddly enough they are (1-2) the week before TNF. The Rams are the best road team in football in the McVay era being (15-3) and they have won their last two meetings in Seattle. Now will the offense score 40pts? Nope. It might not even score 30pts but the thing is that the Rams offense dont have too. I think the defense bounces back and plays strong. Last week against the Bucs was Bruce Arians but it was also just a bad day at the office. We could just look back at that game and say, it was the week that Brady looked bad, Mahomes didnt throw a td pass, Zeke only had 2.0 yards per carry, AND the Rams defense got shredded by an up and down Winston who unfortunately for the Rams it was an up week for him. Im glad the Rams are on a short week because if they win on Thursday then it will not only bring the "everything is right with the world" feeling back to everyone but it will give the Rams 10 days to rest and prepare for the Niners at home which is always nice. Not to mention its a divisional win which is huge. I predict the Rams to win 27-20. 

Recently we've definitely have had Seattle's #. This time I'm having a bad feeling about this game. If we can continue to get after Wilson and disrupt that Oline of theirs we'll take it. We need to step up on Defense and start making some plays and we'll need to stop their run. Ronald Jones balled out on us and would've had much better numbers had 2 of his big runs not get nullified. 

Concerns about this game are obvious. Goff's arm after throwing 68X is going to play on a short week. McVay will most likely over compensate for the lack of run and likely run Gurley/Brown too much early on to prove the Rams can run the ball (although the way our O-Line is playing, we can't).  I think Clowney is going to be in Goff's face all night and we know how his decision making changes under pressure. I expect to see Darrel Henderson for the first time though which gives me some hope. Hopefully Gaines is active.

Rams lose 27-20 and the talk of Superbowl hangover, McVay's system has been figured out, and Gurley is done become louder than ever. Hope I'm wrong, but trying to be realistic based on what we've seen. 

1 hour ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

oY0nlRr.jpg

Not defending the OL play, particularly from this last game, but more expressing my continued distaste for how much PFF gets championed for their "advanced formulas" when they refuse to show their work (which is fine if you want to claim a proprietary formula) or show that they've recognized context (level of competition faced).  We've faced 3 of their higher rated DL's in our 4 games so far (and they underrate Carolina in my estimation, but for argument's sake I'll set that aside), so context would suggest that they can't have it both ways... either those lines shouldn't be graded as highly because they were facing consistently poor OL play, our OL shouldn't be held to task as badly because they've faced stiffer competition than most lined up across from them, or... and this is more my point (and something that PFF, especially given their latest ad campaign, will never concede), PFF's grades are just that... grades... they're not some great predictor of future performance.

• Like 4

Also, I'm openly taking the willingness to eat the bullet for us this week.  I'm starting 3 Hawks in my Money league (Carson, Lockett, and Dissly).  So, given the way I've been getting skunked in more cases than not this season...

• Like 1

Stole this from reddit.

Offense is 7th in Yards, 3rd in passing 1st downs a game, 2nd in rushing TD's, 8th most points scored at 29 pts a game

Tied for 19th in giving up sacks with 8 while having PFF worst rated O-Line and the most pressured QB. 

So we are top 5ish offense. After facing Panthers a top 5 defense and #1 passing D. #7 passing D Browns. Bucs D who was top 10 before our Offense blew them up.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Stole this from reddit.

Offense is 7th in Yards, 3rd in passing 1st downs a game, 2nd in rushing TD's, 8th most points scored at 29 pts a game

Tied for 19th in giving up sacks with 8 while having PFF worst rated O-Line and the most pressured QB. 

So we are top 5ish offense. After facing Panthers a top 5 defense and #1 passing D. #7 passing D Browns. Bucs D who was top 10 before our Offense blew them up.

I don't think anyone thinks the offense sucks. We just need to be better at limiting turnovers, starting out the game better (only 6 points in 1st quarters), cutting down the penalties, and being more balanced. 

Depending on how this game goes with Reeder and Marqui, I'd be willing to bring in DJ Swearinger for that extra safety/LB role for 3rd downs. I also hope Natrez Patrick get's a look to spell Reeder even though they moved him around in preseason. Guy just looks like a playmaker.

I think we will learn A LOT about the Rams and how this season is going to go, based on tonight's game. We definitely can and should bounce back to beat Seattle, but it's definitely tough and we could very well look bad. Going to be on the edge of my seat, for sure...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtwizzy2k8 said:

I think we will learn A LOT about the Rams and how this season is going to go, based on tonight's game. We definitely can and should bounce back to beat Seattle, but it's definitely tough and we could very well look bad. Going to be on the edge of my seat, for sure...

I was thinking this morning how this game is eerie similar to 2017 when the Rams lost at home to the Redskins then had to travel to San Fran on TNF. Like legit Goff through an interception when the Rams were trying to march down the field and tie the game up against the Redskins. Rams didnt look good in that game. Even Woods made some bad mistakes that I remember people on here was freaking out. The Rams then went to San Fran and won in a shootout where Gurley was a monster. 

Fastforward to this season and the Rams looked bad against the Bucs at home. Again Goff turned the ball over by fumbling when the Rams were trying to march down the field to tie the game up against the Bucs.  The Rams made alot of mistakes and we are all voicing our concerns about it. Now the Rams have to travel to Seattle for a TNF game. I think this game could be another Gurley game or at least a game where the Rams get their running game cranked up alot.