Week 5 - Rams at Seahawks - TNF

RamRod

Just now, Flounch said:

There's no comparison between this season and last season. 

We are going 3-2 tonight

At least you are consistent lol. If we win though Im assuming you are going to say we were lucky or fortunate to win. Keep it up though because I do like some reverse psychology lol. 

• Like 1

If we win and we play a great game overall i will be happy. But if we win and play poorly then yes luck or fortunate was on our side. 

Let's see how many time we run in the first drive. Then we will see if Mcvay has learn anything since the beginning of the season. 

I like how the defense stood up at the end after Gurley fumbled on the previous drive the Rams offense was getting something going. I like how the offense responded when the defense did its job and the Seahawks kicker missed the FG. Goff on that drive reminded me of what ARod did last Thursday before the half against the Eagles. Now I want the Rams to carry that momentum into the 2nd half where they are a better 2nd half team. 

That gutted me. Defense is a massive problem. Goff needs to find his consistency. He's magical at times. Marcus Peters has worn out his welcome in my eyes. Tired of him not tackling. Everett had a great day, but he can't let that pass bounce off his hands. We win this one if he catches that. But at the end of the day, we got the ball back and in FG range. Greg has to deliver. I guess the good thing to me today was Everett emerging. Yeah, that INT hurt, but he's finally becoming the weapon we knew he could be.

• Like 4

Just now, jrry32 said:

That gutted me. Defense is a massive problem. Goff needs to find his consistency. He's magical at times. Marcus Peters has worn out his welcome in my eyes. Tired of him not tackling. Everett had a great day, but he can't let that pass bounce off his hands. We win this one if he catches that. But at the end of the day, we got the ball back and in FG range. Greg has to deliver. I guess the good thing to me today was Everett emerging. Yeah, that INT hurt, but he's finally becoming the weapon we knew he could be.

I feel the same way. I could accept losing the way we did to the Bucs but I cant accept the way we lost to the Seahawks tonight. The only thing I can say is that the offense looked more like the offense we are use to seeing in terms of moving the football and scoring. Cooks was limited then got hurt and Everett stepped up big time. Higbee made big plays. Kupp is reliable and so is Woods. Gurley had a quiet day and still scored twice. Like the offense was good. Im not going to be too hard on the defense because its a short week on the road. It was no different than them giving up 31pts to the Vikings last season and 39pts to the Niners the season before that on a short week on TNF. The defense made the plays to get the ball back to the Rams. Zeurlein has to make that kick. Goff and the offense did its job to put the team in position to win. I dont want to hear anything for nobody about Goff because going on the road in Seattle and doing what he did and the only reason the Rams arent a winner is because the kicker missed. Like Goff showed again why he is a good QB. No he isnt perfect but he isnt terrible like people make him out to be. 

This game is cruel though. The Rams beat the Browns on the road when it came down to a goaline stance that decided the game. The Rams lost to the Seahawks on the road when the game was decided by literally inches all game. Again like this one is a tough one to lose and now its 10 days to just think about this as a fan but I hope the players put it out of their minds quickly and start focusing on the Niners. 

Call me delusional, but I think we're about to start rolling again. I think the offense is about to start clicking. The defense will always be an issue, but Rapp and Hager can hopefully stem some of the bleeding. But I think the O is about to take off. I think McVay has figured it out. And I think Everett emerging is going to be one of the keys to it.

• Like 3

Obviously a loss like this sucked but I’m ok with it. I would rather take a loss like this than a blowout like last week. 

A loss like this  needed to happen so McVay can go back to the fundamentals. McVay saw a lot of success early and that success can go to someone’s head. This is some good humble pie so that he can look inward and focus on the details. Football is a game of inches and we need to focus on the inches aspect of the game  

Goff has improved and has cleaned up a few things. Still need him to not force things as much, which will hopefully come with time.  As long as he keeps succeeding I don’t care because when need be, he can take over games. 

I’m not worried about Todd. I’m not even that worried about the OL

I AM worried about the defense. If it doesn’t pick up this season then maybe Wade and Weddle both retire and we hire Weddle as a D Coordinator. Or wait for Fangio to get fired? 

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Call me delusional, but I think we're about to start rolling again. I think the offense is about to start clicking. The defense will always be an issue, but Rapp and Hager can hopefully stem some of the bleeding. But I think the O is about to take off. I think McVay has figured it out. And I think Everett emerging is going to be one of the keys to it.

You’re delusional. But I agree

• Like 2