NLWC: Brewers @ Nationals

Eagles27

I expect the Brewers to thoroughly dominate this Nationals team. The Nats bats are either hot or cold, and they've just finished up a hot streak. With Suzuki behind the plate, the Brewers will have free reign on the base paths.

And of course, Martinez is going to start Max Scherzer. Nevermind that he has an ERA over 4 since coming back from the IL, and Strasburg has been a top 5 pitcher in baseball over that time frame. Nope, gotta go with Max. Standard Decision 2.0. 

At least we get to see Barrett, Zim, and Tony one more time. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Slateman said:

I expect the Brewers to thoroughly dominate this Nationals team. The Nats bats are either hot or cold, and they've just finished up a hot streak. With Suzuki behind the plate, the Brewers will have free reign on the base paths.

And of course, Martinez is going to start Max Scherzer. Nevermind that he has an ERA over 4 since coming back from the IL, and Strasburg has been a top 5 pitcher in baseball over that time frame. Nope, gotta go with Max. Standard Decision 2.0. 

Glad I read this before I bet a ton on the Nats. Will have to dig a little deeper into the research.

48 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Why would you bet on the Nationals in a clinching game?

During the season I won quite a bit on Scherzer at home, but I haven't followed the Nats for a while. Figured being in Washington would help even more in a playoff environment. 

I always bet against DC sports teams. It's my emotional hedge.

Nationals are probably the worst built team for the playoffs. Their hitters thrive when seeing the pitcher more than once and their bullpen is the worst that's ever been on a postseason team. Martinez is literally going to have to burn their two best starting pitchers to get through the sixth inning. If you see Suero or Rodney enter the game, you may as well put all your money on the Brewers right then. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slateman said:

I'm a big Brewers fan but with the unknown health status of Braun, Cain and Moose along with no Yelich?  I don't see us dominating anyone.  Plus the fact our ace, who is going to start the game but probably won't go more than a handful of innings because he is just coming back from the IL recently, isn't the most desirable situation to be in when it is do or die.  Add in we are on the road?   I'm hoping for the best but it will be an uphill battle all night long with all hands on deck.

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

I always bet against DC sports teams. It's my emotional hedge.

Nationals are probably the worst built team for the playoffs. Their hitters thrive when seeing the pitcher more than once and their bullpen is the worst that's ever been on a postseason team. Martinez is literally going to have to burn their two best starting pitchers to get through the sixth inning. If you see Suero or Rodney enter the game, you may as well put all your money on the Brewers right then. 

Suero was left off the roster for this game...

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

I'm a big Brewers fan but with the unknown health status of Braun, Cain and Moose along with no Yelich?  I don't see us dominating anyone.  Plus the fact our ace, who is going to start the game but probably won't go more than a handful of innings because he is just coming back from the IL recently, isn't the most desirable situation to be in when it is do or die.  Add in we are on the road?   I'm hoping for the best but it will be an uphill battle all night long with all hands on deck.

Your bullpen is your ace. Plus you do the one thing well that is the Nationals pitching kryptonite: Hit dongs. 

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Suero was left off the roster for this game...

So Rodney it is

7 hours ago, JonStark said:

Glad I read this before I bet a ton on the Nats. Will have to dig a little deeper into the research.

Not sure I’d take advice from someone who uses any grain of emotion with betting. He could be right, but not for the right reasons. 

• Like 1