Week 5 GDT - Cleveland Browns at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

2 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

I agree. It's too many. The 49ers average only 11 points coming off the bye week in the Shanahan era. 17 is a real stretch.

I was going to just say that LOL. Our worst game last season or one or our worst games came after the bye week against TB. 

That's why Shanny wanted extra practices this time around. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I was going to just say that LOL. Our worst game last season or one or our worst games came after the bye week against TB. 

That's why Shanny wanted extra practices this time around. 

The flipside of this is that it is the first time Garoppolo will get to start a game after a bye week. He only played the last minute and 7 seconds of the post bye week game in 2017 and came away with 7 points. Projected over a full game, that's an impressive 378 points. In fact, Garoppolo's projected statline should look something like this:

108 of 108, 973 yards, 54 TDs, 0 INTs.

Add in a paltry 216 rushing yards on quarterback scrambles as well. 

Just sayin'...

• Like 5

Really hoping Ward is ready to go and active. We need all the secondary help we can get with Witherspoon out. At least if Ward’s active he should last maybe for a quarter or two and we can build up a little lead before he breaks a toe or something. 

Biggest concern I have is the corner on the right side. Our pass rush is going to have to be really really good to hide whoever’s gonna be lining up there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

The flipside of this is that it is the first time Garoppolo will get to start a game after a bye week.

This was going to be my response to you. Kyle's 49ers stats without Jimmy should be thrown out the window. 

I am going to look into it a little more for the other teams he's coached

31 minutes ago, N4L said:

Ohio might as well be in Canada, as far as I am concerned 

Eventually Canada will be Ohio. We already took Toledo from Michigan by force and will continue moving north until we own it all.

We were going to go west but honestly the north pole was more habitable than the west coast.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, N4L said:

This was going to be my response to you. Kyle's 49ers stats without Jimmy should be thrown out the window. 

I am going to look into it a little more for the other teams he's coached

It was going to be, but I already had the angle covered. Explore all the options is my motto. 

That said, I agree. Non-Jimmy Shanahan stats are not an accurate depiction of Shanahan's coaching ability. And that is probably why we can't trade Beathard. The rest of the NFL probably knows that his numbers would likely be even worse elsewhere. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Eventually Canada will be Ohio. We already took Toledo from Michigan by force and will continue moving north until we own it all.

We were going to go west but honestly the north pole was more habitable than the west coast.

Hard to disagree. We Pennsylvanians pushed for all sorts of free land after the Revolution, but we basically went "yuck" once we got west of Pittsburgh and realized what was leftover. 

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah and look what you all did to Detroit.........