Week 5 GDT - Cleveland Browns at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

14 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I really enjoyed the pro football hall of fame.

You could also visit the rock and roll HOF in Cleveland.

You could also visit the National Aviation HOF right at the birthplace of aviation in Dayton Ohio.

Also have the motorcycle HOF.

It's also a good place to see a competent college football team if you ever get the urge.

You mean the National Air Force Museum at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton? At least that was what it was called when I last visited 11 years ago....possibly the best museum I have ever seen--not kidding, either. My entire family enjoyed it--which is fortunate because it took us 19 hours to see the whole thing. May need to go again sometime soon. Great place.

Not sure what your injury situation is like, but we probably won’t have Denzel Ward and Greedy Williams again... 

However, Jarvis Landry just got cleared for us and our WR core is fully loaded for the first time due to Callaway coming back and Rashard Higgins being healthy.

Just now, candyman93 said:

Not sure what your injury situation is like, but we probably won’t have Denzel Ward and Greedy Williams again... 

However, Jarvis Landry just got cleared for us and our WR core is fully loaded for the first time due to Callaway coming back and Rashard Higgins being healthy.

I was just about to post the Landry thing. Not great for us because one of injuries is to Spoon, who was seriously playing lights out (better than Sherm). So our starting corner Moseley will be making his first ever start matched up against Beckham or Landry. That could be bad. Going to be extremely reliant on pressure.

The other big injury is Staley. Obviously potentially horrific given there is some dude named MG playing, but I'm going to remain somewhat optimistic that shanny can help that situation out. If skule can't hold up there though, may be an issue as we may not be able to utilize play action as much

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Ward is STILL out? Crazy, thought originally they said only a week to week type of injury and should be back soon? This is his third game he will have missed? I mean the secondary has still held up the last two weeks against LAR and BAL despite no Greedy or Ward. 

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I still personally think that this game will be won/lost by our OL against your DL

Then my friend, I got some bad news for you!!!!!

But yeah, the game will be won by both OL vs DL match ups. Last game, McGlinchey was absolutely trash and Jimmy G got hit on damn near every drop back. That can't happen again or else the result will be different. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Then my friend, I got some bad news for you!!!!!

But yeah, the game will be won by both OL vs DL match ups. Last game, McGlinchey was absolutely trash and Jimmy G got hit on damn near every drop back. That can't happen again or else the result will be different. 

I would assume with both of our secondaries out/hurting on depth and our OL situations less than ideal, that both OC's will try to establish the running game and design quick hitting passes...especially with Baker's stats on getting the ball out quickly vs. holding onto it.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I was just about to post the Landry thing. Not great for us because one of injuries is to Spoon, who was seriously playing lights out (better than Sherm). So our starting corner Moseley will be making his first ever start matched up against Beckham or Landry. That could be bad. Going to be extremely reliant on pressure.

Landry is a slot receiver and I feel good about Williams in that spot. I am much more worried about odell this week.

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

Landry is a slot receiver and I feel good about Williams in that spot. I am much more worried about odell this week.

Calloway is also back as our deep threat. No idea how good/rusty he will be, but at least he provides another dimension to take the top off of the defense.

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

Sometimes. Higgins plays the slot a lot also. OBJ also has learned all receiver positions. We have the ability to move guys around to create matchup problems whether we actually do it or not...

Higgins is probably our most productive receiver per target since last year, he and Baker have a good connection. Obviously not the most dynamic but 4 catches for 68 yards type expectation for this game.