Week 5 GDT - Cleveland Browns at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

Ohh ok. If he came in at 240 this week, I would think that would nearly be the end of him this season.

Yeah the 240 lb was just speculation. He did come in with a belly as a rookie which was a bit surprising and he came in out of shape (round perhaps?) to training camp this year. I doubt, hope I'm wrong, that he is in peak physical condition for this game. Whether than means he won't play or have a limited snap count, I have no idea. He may also play well, he was a deep threat with his belly jiggling at the beginning of last year.

26 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Yeah, that's what Candyman was saying yesterday. Honestly, their defense has still played well despite missing their top two corners. Very sound scheme they have and their DL is a beast. 

This may be Kittle's break out game of the season. 

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, that's what Candyman was saying yesterday. Honestly, their defense has still played well despite missing their top two corners. Very sound scheme they have and their DL is a beast. 

This may be Kittle's break out game of the season. 

This is just my opinion, but our backups improve our run defense, but hurt our pass defense.

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So like is he in danger of missing the game or just has been dealing with this all season? 

Apparently he's been dealing with it since camp, so I'm assuming that he's just playing through it. 

36 minutes ago, Gridirongreat#9 said:

Is Tevin Coleman playing? We have all these new faces that have seen limited action.

He was limited in practice on Friday, so I don't expect him to play. I was hoping he would take mosterts touches though. I don't trust mostert to hold onto the ball. I'd rather give breida more snaps than mostert, right now they both are around 35%. Breida should out snap mostert significantly imo. 

18 minutes ago, N4L said:

He was limited in practice on Friday, so I don't expect him to play. I was hoping he would take mosterts touches though. I don't trust mostert to hold onto the ball. I'd rather give breida more snaps than mostert, right now they both are around 35%. Breida should out snap mostert significantly imo. 

Breida cant stay healthy. None of the backs can which is crazy. Where are the workhorses like Gore and Jackson? It seems as if Wilson is the short yardage guy. 20 touches for Breida may be too much but I wouldn’t mind seeing him get that per game followed by Coleman with 12 to 15 then sprinkle the other guys in for 10. 

Edited by Gridirongreat#9

3 hours ago, Gridirongreat#9 said:

Breida cant stay healthy. None of the backs can which is crazy. Where are the workhorses like Gore and Jackson? It seems as if Wilson is the short yardage guy. 20 touches for Breida may be too much but I wouldn’t mind seeing him get that per game followed by Coleman with 12 to 15 then sprinkle the other guys in for 10. 

I actually think breida has filled out his frame a little bit. Hes obviously still undersized, but he looks like he's added weight this year. I think he is up to the challenge of playing a greater percentage of the snaps. He is a tough dude. 

It appears that Coleman is on track to play, from the sound of it. That obviously means we have a decision to make at RB because we can't have 5 running backs active including juice. 

By default that would mean Wilson will be inactive because mostert plays special teams. I don't know if that is the route that I would go. 

I just don't trust mostert right now. He's fumbled too many times for my liking. Last week he put it on the ground twice. We can't afford turnovers.  

Wilson's power is something we havent really had. We have struggled in the redzone for a few years now and he is our goal line back. Punching it in the endzone is always so crucial. 

Mosterts skill set overlaps with breidas. Both guys run the outside zone to a T. Both guys have game breaking speed. Having both active is somewhat redundant to me when looking at their offensive contributions exclusively. 

Will be interesting to see what the coaching staff thinks come Monday 

On 10/4/2019 at 6:45 PM, y2lamanaki said:

This is not going to age well. 

If the plan is to start ward, I hope they had the foresight to give Moore some reps at corner this week. 

Now that I think about it, he has the physical profile that could do well against Odell. 

All hands on deck

8 hours ago, N4L said:

If the plan is to start ward, I hope they had the foresight to give Moore some reps at corner this week. 

Now that I think about it, he has the physical profile that could do well against Odell. 

All hands on deck

No, Moore doesn't need reps at corner. He needs to stay at FS. There is no need to have him back at corner. 

From Shanny's presser, it actually seems like Coleman will be a go on Monday. Will be interesting to see how the reps are split between our backs. Against TB before Coleman got hurt, he saw majority of the snaps. Don't see that happening Monday, but Shanny desperately wants a legitimate receiving threat out of the backfield.