Week 5 GDT - Cleveland Browns at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

23 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No, Moore doesn't need reps at corner. He needs to stay at FS. There is no need to have him back at corner

I was saying IF the plan is to put ward at FS, then Moore should get some reps at corner to prepare for the emergency scenario Mosley gets roasted or injured or whatever. Not saying he should move there permanently or anything like that. If this was a normal week I wouldn't be saying this, but it's after a bye and if he's not the starter then i think it's good to have a backup that can play multiple spots if necessary, that's all 

26 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

From Shanny's presser, it actually seems like Coleman will be a go on Monday. Will be interesting to see how the reps are split between our backs. Against TB before Coleman got hurt, he saw majority of the snaps. Don't see that happening Monday, but Shanny desperately wants a legitimate receiving threat out of the backfield. 

Yeah, sounds like he is playing. I agree with the bolded. I think the plan last week was to use breida a lot in that role, but then he bobbled the pass and it led to a turnover and we went away from it. Breida was never asked to catch passes in college because he was in a triple option scheme, but apparently it's something he has worked on a lot

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Forge said:

I need 21 from Jimmy tomorrow. Big night for the passing game, please! lol. 

Last time you said something like this in a GDT Mike Evans had 2 caches for 28 yards. 

Please drop all of your 49er players 

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

Last time you said something like this in a GDT Mike Evans had 2 caches for 28 yards. 

Please drop all of your 49er players 

I don't even know if Jimmy has ever had a 21 point game in his career LOL. I'm pretty much treating it as a complete impossibility. But I'll happily take a 6-3 win if we are the team who scores 6. 

I can't believe how badly that sunday night game crapped all over tonight....

FYI, I did win that game with Mike Evans giving me totally nothing. 

Hoping for big things from this dude.

gallery_medium.jpg

Looking into it, why wasn't he drafted? He was like 3rd in SPARQ from his draft class, and started a lot of games at Tennessee. Had some good pro day numbers, yet wasn't at the combine I don't think, and ultimately just not drafted. Doesn't seem to be any big nagging injury history. What's the rub? 

Edited by PapaShogun

I know we have talked this to death, but lawd is Garrett vs Skule going to be such a mismatch. And the Browns are 10 in blitz percentage so they will be bringing the heat early and often. Will be hard to implement the PA game like last game against Pitt. 

Sometimes, I really like Bill Barnwell. Reading his trade deadline column is not one of those times where I do. 

He proposes a trade between the 49ers and Bengals for AJ Green where we give up next years first and the following year's second, for Green + this years second. I get that the idea between the first / second this year is going to only be a small range of picks but that is a ton of value for a guy who can't stay health and is on wrong the side of 30 when you the very next player he has getting traded is Manny Sanders for a sixth.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Hoping for big things from this dude.

gallery_medium.jpg

Looking into it, why wasn't he drafted? He was like 3rd in SPARQ from his draft class, and started a lot of games at Tennessee. Had some good pro day numbers, yet wasn't at the combine I don't think, and ultimately just not drafted. Doesn't seem to be any big nagging injury history. What's the rub? 

Some guys just fall through the cracks during the draft process, despite solid numbers. Happens every year. Probably didn't help that Tennessee has been pretty dreadful the last four years either. They haven't really churned out any defensive standouts in awhile. That can kind of skew perception of talent, sorry to say.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sometimes, I really like Bill Barnwell. Reading his trade deadline column is not one of those times where I do. 

He proposes a trade between the 49ers and Bengals for AJ Green where we give up next years first and the following year's second, for Green + this years second. I get that the idea between the first / second this year is going to only be a small range of picks but that is a ton of value for a guy who can't stay health and is on wrong the side of 30 when you the very next player he has getting traded is Manny Sanders for a sixth.....

I wouldn't actually mind that trade THAT much. Only thing is I would like to lock Green up for three or so years with the trade and not sure that is possible. The value between our 1st this year and Bengals 2nd could be minimal and then we will give up a 2021 2nd rounder. Still I think I would agree with you that it is a bit too rich for my liking. And even some big contracts coming up, we need to hit on draft picks and can't just rely on making trades for high priced players. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I wouldn't actually mind that trade THAT much. Only thing is I would like to lock Green up for three or so years with the trade and not sure that is possible. The value between our 1st this year and Bengals 2nd could be minimal and then we will give up a 2021 2nd rounder. Still I think I would agree with you that it is a bit too rich for my liking. And even some big contracts coming up, we need to hit on draft picks and can't just rely on making trades for high priced players. 

If there is a new deal for Green in place, I think it makes a little more sense...but honestly, if I can get Manny for a sixth or Green for that package, I'm taking Manny every time at this point to help out for the rest of the season. I don't really have a ton of confidence in Green long term given the injury problems. 

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

If there is a new deal for Green in place, I think it makes a little more sense...but honestly, if I can get Manny for a sixth or Green for that package, I'm taking Manny every time at this point to help out for the rest of the season. I don't really have a ton of confidence in Green long term given the injury problems. 

I agree, but don't see Broncos just getting a 6th for him. I mean they are more likely to recoup that off a compensatory pick when he signs elsewhere at year's end. I think a team will have to offer up a 4th or 5th rounder for him.

I'm not trading for Green unless an extension is in place. I think I'd still take the risk if there is, but man we have to adjust some of those picks IMO. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I agree, but don't see Broncos just getting a 6th for him. I mean they are more likely to recoup that off a compensatory pick when he signs elsewhere at year's end. I think a team will have to offer up a 4th or 5th rounder for him.

I'm not trading for Green unless an extension is in place. I think I'd still take the risk if there is, but man we have to adjust some of those picks IMO. 

Me either. That's such a weird a trade package. Golden Tate went for a third last year, and I'd rather have Manny. I know that trade wasn't exactly a great one made by the Eagles, but if i'm the broncos, that absolutely has to be where the offers start for me. 

Currently, Draftek has us projected to have pick #25 and the Bengals pick #35. Both of those sound like reasonable projections at this point, so the trade would be the equivalent of giving up roughly pick #47 overall for AJ Green. 

Not sure how I feel about that, but that's the estimated value rather than the confusing pick swaps, etc.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

AJ Green's injury problems are just too much of a nuisance. Sucks, I'd want him as a 49er, but not for a first no way.

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1