2019 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

4 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Gonna be hard to move Price given his age, injury history, contract and believe he has a no trade as well...

Evoldi will be same boat because of the injuries and just looking like a bad contract...

The worst contract Sox have is Sale though. He continues to loose velocity every year...

This is just blatantly false. Every year since we've traded for him and since he was playing for the Chi Sox, his velocity has been better as the season goes along. 

Before he was done, he had games hitting 97-98 multiple times.

The worst contract we have is probably Eovaldi, Price, and JBJ. JBJ gets a lot of unnecessary flak, but Eovaldi was a blind guy shooting a gun that occasionally struck a piece of the target that we gave a contract to. 

13 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

This is just blatantly false. Every year since we've traded for him and since he was playing for the Chi Sox, his velocity has been better as the season goes along. Before he was done, he had games hitting 97-98 multiple times.

The worst contract we have is probably Eovaldi, Price, and JBJ. JBJ gets a lot of unnecessary flak, but Eovaldi was a blind guy shooting a gun that occasionally struck a piece of the target that we gave a contract to.

I wont speak to the overall financial value of Eovaldi's contract - Boston's got a lot of money tied up in some questionable arms - but in 2018 he saved Boston's *** by throwing his already broken wing to death.

Edited by Leader

46 minutes ago, Leader said:

I wont speak to the overall financial value of Eovaldi's contract - Boston's got a lot of money tied up in some questionable arms - but in 2018 he saved Boston's *** by throwing his already broken wing to death.

Whilst true, the contract still isn't deserving for a Triple TJ power pitcher 

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

Trey Mancini. Nats need a primary first baseman at <8 million.

I think John and Lou wouldn't tell Mike Elias that he can't trade with the Nationals.

However, Mancini isn't the player that the Orioles are likely to part with easily.  While we are rebuilding, there is something to keeping a player or two that the fans can still identify with, and Mancini might be that guy.  He's also been mentioned as an extension candidate.  

So you are likely going to have to overpay a little for Mancini.  Seeing as how I imagine Kieboom isn't going to be available, any package would have to start with Luis Garcia in my opinion.  

22 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I think John and Lou wouldn't tell Mike Elias that he can't trade with the Nationals.

However, Mancini isn't the player that the Orioles are likely to part with easily.  While we are rebuilding, there is something to keeping a player or two that the fans can still identify with, and Mancini might be that guy.  He's also been mentioned as an extension candidate.  

So you are likely going to have to overpay a little for Mancini.  Seeing as how I imagine Kieboom isn't going to be available, any package would have to start with Luis Garcia in my opinion.  

Honestly,  I'd part with Garcia and some pieces happily.  I'd like to get a package of Mancini and Givens with Garcia as the center piece. 

19 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

This is just blatantly false. Every year since we've traded for him and since he was playing for the Chi Sox, his velocity has been better as the season goes along. 

Before he was done, he had games hitting 97-98 multiple times.

It's far from false. Just look at the numbers. He's loosing nearly a mph on average over the course...

I'd hate to have the backend of that deal...

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

It's far from false. Just look at the numbers. He's loosing nearly a mph on average over the course...

I'd hate to have the backend of that deal...

He's also adjusting to it. His FB% was a career low because he's 93, not 96 now. Personally, I'd be more concerned that this is the second straight year he's had injury issues than the velocity decrease. He was still on pace to be like a 5 WAR pitcher over 200 innings, but the fact that his velocity is going down and he can't stay healthy is a bad combination.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

No doubt. Plus, you know it would do the obvious and equal out the playing field in both leagues...

It's so asinine this hasn't happened yet...

The owners would be giving the players a concession by adding the DH, since the league average DH gets paid more than the league average 25th guy in the bullpen. They aren't going to want to give that up for free.

11 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The owners would be giving the players a concession by adding the DH, since the league average DH gets paid more than the league average 25th guy in the bullpen. They aren't going to want to give that up for free.

No doubt. I totally know the reason/stance behind it, I'm more less just venting...

It just baffles me how same sport has two different sets of rules that don't apply to everyone...

• Like 1