2019 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

19 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Bryant has an unresolved grievance with the Cubs that's been ongoing since his rookie year. He's been a pro about it, but there's at least some animosity. 

This actually isn't true at all, at least with KB himself.  He has told several people that he was persuaded very strongly by the Union to file the grievance.  

The reason why he is a very realistic candidate to get traded is because he's a Boras client and has already said he's going to test FA.    

12 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

This actually isn't true at all, at least with KB himself.  He has told several people that he was persuaded very strongly by the Union to file the grievance.  

The reason why he is a very realistic candidate to get traded is because he's a Boras client and has already said he's going to test FA.    

Do you have a link on Bryant? Because IIRC, he wasn't happy with having his service time manipulated originally. Maybe that was Boras speaking on his behalf though.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Do you have a link on Bryant? Because IIRC, he wasn't happy with having his service time manipulated originally. Maybe that was Boras speaking on his behalf though.

It was on Twitter.  I will see if I can find it.  It was basically quotes from Bryant to the effect of "The Union feels that my service time was purposely manipulated, like it has been done to others around the league, and they want this practice to stop.  As part of the Union it is my job to help everyone else out in whatever way I can."

It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, as I know KB is gone in 2 years, if not sooner.  But he hasn't expressed any discontent with the organization in any way, shape, or form.