2019 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

25 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Stopped reading here.

A finesse pitcher with a fastball is not the same as a power pitcher with a slider or traditional curveball.

If you can't comprehend that, I'm glad you stopped reading. You're a waste of time if you don't get that.

His last start against the angels he had 11 fastballs go for 98.4 MPH

His slider is consistenly 77-79 MPH

His changeup is consistently 85-88 mph.

Just for context, a REAL power pitcher like Eovaldi, his lowest speed slider of the season is FASTER than Sale's FASTEST slider of the season.

He's been interviewed about his lack of velocity early in the season and has said himself he considers himself a finesse pitcher with a good fastball and not the other way around, a power pitcher with an amazing finesse slider. 

.Image result for chris sale vs tampa bay slider gif

This has also been his best pitch for 95% of his career and he will tell you that.

Edited by BullsandBroncos

42 minutes ago, Leader said:

Scott Boras represents free-agent pitchers Dallas Keuchel, Hyun-Jin Ryu, Stephen Strasburg and Gerrit Cole.

Somehow I dont think this guy gets to represent such top dollar talent by charging lower commission fees.......

You could make the arguement that his client list is so extensive, that it represents a conflict of interest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, flyguy1609 said:

Odorizzi I get. Abreu is surprising. I think there was enough of a market to get a decent contract (maybe not that AAV) and given his age and player profile he won't have much longer to get that good multi year deal. I can only imagine he thinks that the new CBA will get more money for the players so that he can get a better contract, but everything I've seen suggests that if there is more money it will come by getting young guys their money sooner since teams don't want to pay big FA contracts.

Just now, N4L said:

Kind of surprised the giants didn't match that offer for Smith. Must be going full rebuild? 

Kind of need to, the farm isn't stellar so everything they can do to boost it helps. Count on Zhaidi doing everything he can to maximize the draft and the international pool.