2019 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The dot in CF is an inside the park HR.

I count about 6 triples/outs on that as well.

Id bet that this doesn't take into account air density/wind, so Im also sure that about 1/3rd of these would get caught lol 

we are simultaneously the coldest stadium and the only stadium at sea level. Even the new balls don't carry here. No hitter will ever want to sign here with CA taxes and not being able to hit homeruns. 

9 minutes ago, N4L said:

Id bet that this doesn't take into account air density/wind, so Im also sure that about 1/3rd of these would get caught lol 

we are simultaneously the coldest stadium and the only stadium at sea level. Even the new balls don't carry here. No hitter will ever want to sign here with CA taxes and not being able to hit homeruns. 

You can knock like half of those stolen home runs down since half of his games come on the road, and yes those graphs are just the direction/distance of the ball. But overall teams adjust for park effects so seamlessly now I don't think any agent would tell a guy to sign or not sign based on the raw HR totals.

The Cali taxes are another story though. On the plus side, you live in California and not somewhere dumb.

3 hours ago, N4L said:

man so pessimistic. Money talks. Plenty of other states have high taxes too. I'm sure he had some deep center outs that would be home runs in sf. same with the corners. Overall the dimensions aren't too crazy outside of triples alley. 

8 minutes ago, nayad said:

man so pessimistic. Money talks. Plenty of other states have high taxes too. I'm sure he had some deep center outs that would be home runs in sf. same with the corners. Overall the dimensions aren't too crazy outside of triples alley. 

Lol I'm just trying to be realistic. 

The guy complained about the park he played in so I just don't think he will want to come play here. It's not just the dimensions. It's the fact our park is the coldest in the show and it's also at sealevel 

Money talks though, no doubt about that one