2019 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

https://theathletic.com/1454552/2019/12/12/rosenthal-multiple-teams-interested-in-josh-donaldson-but-if-the-braves-need-a-third-baseman-kris-bryant-isnt-a-fit-more-notes/

According to Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic, the Yankees "have been the most active pursuer" of Brewers reliever Josh Hader.

Rosenthal adds that the Mets and Dodgers have also checked in on the availability of dominant 25-year-old left-hander but says "a deal with any club remains unlikely." Hader owns a 2.42 ERA, 0.85 WHIP, and 349 strikeouts in 204 2/3 career major league innings and he just became arbitration-eligible for the first time, so the Brewers are going to have to be absolutely blown away by an offer to part ways with him this winter.

• Like 1

Of course they have. Boras probably convinced Cashman that Cole was simply a reliever who got used a lot during the season.

Honestly, I think the Brew Crew need to **** or get of the pot. They have one good starting pitcher. They have three seasons left of Yelich. Either make some major signings, or start moving the major assets you have. 

13 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Who overpays for Donaldson? My gut tells me the Phillies. I feel like he'd fit right in there too.

my guess is either back to Atl or Washington. I think philly either has Bryant, Arenardo or Kingery to start at 3rd next yr. I wouldn't mind Donaldson for the phils personally