2019 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

Ken Rosenthal -  Free-agent right-hander Adam Warren to Yankees on minor-league deal. Salary of $800K in majors plus $100K each for 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55 and 60 appearances. If not on 26-man roster on Aug. 28, may be released for spot on another club’s 26-man roster.

///////////////

He just had Tommy John surgery in September - so its a "see what he's got left" deal. Cant hurt. His best numbers were with the NYY.

As much as i love Donaldson as a Brave and think he would help us tremendously over the next few years.  Even i hesitate to want to give him 4 years to keep him here much less at almost 25 million a year for 4 years that would take him to 40 almost.  3 years for 65 to 70  million is what i would have offered and thats somewhat pushing it. Would have prefered on a 3 year deal the 3rd year be a team option.   If the braves beat or match it i'll be happy we have him as a player but im gonna be really worried in year 3 or 4 that it's going to bite us if we do it.  From what they are saying Donaldson is bringing all his offers back to AA to give us last option and offer to sign him and thats pretty cool of him to do to give us a chance and option.

Edited by FalconFan13