2019 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

3 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

Interesting.  I wonder if they would take recovering from TJS Hunter Greene as the centerpiece.  Ceiling is still sky high and he was making a lot of good progress before he got hurt.  I'd rather not trade Senzel, but i'd trade him before I would Nick Lodolo.

5 hours ago, Slateman said:

Seems it's for a possible 4 years 100 mil or a little more.  I would hate to lose him to the nats but good lord thats some chedder for a 34 year old guy who is known to be injury prone already.  He was awesome last year for us though so we all like him and want to keep him but for that much i just don't think we will pull the trigger and i can't say i would be mad if we didn't.

https://theathletic.com/1475874/2019/12/19/rosenthal-donaldson-sweepstakes-update-lindor-talks-reaching-critical-stage-mets-not-too-motivated-on-marte/

Rosenthal adds that the Braves and Dodgers "remain in the mix for Donaldson, but both clubs might be reluctant to go to four years." Texas is said to be out. MLB Network's Jon Heyman reported Thursday evening that there is a feeling around the industry that Donaldson will sign soon, and it sure seems like the smoke is beginning to clear on the veteran's market. If the Twins land Donaldson, they will apparently move Miguel Sano from third base to first base in 2020.

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic writes that the Indians are telling clubs interested in trading for Francisco Lindor that "they want each team’s best and final offers so they can make an assessment over the weekend."

"I do think (the Indians) are trying to bring things to a rapid conclusion," an executive involved in the talks told Rosenthal. The executive goes on to note how odd it is that the Tribe would place an "artificial deadline" on negotiations for the star shortstop, especially with it only being December. There is known to be serious interest from the Dodgers, Reds, and Padres, and it would appear that Cleveland might actually part ways with Lindor this winter -- maybe even before the beginning of the new year.

https://theathletic.com/1475874/2019/12/19/rosenthal-donaldson-sweepstakes-update-lindor-talks-reaching-critical-stage-mets-not-too-motivated-on-marte/

According to Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic, the Rangers "are among the clubs talking to the Rockies" about a possible Nolan Arenado trade.

Rosenthal also lists the Braves, Nationals, Cardinals, and Dodgers as possible landing spots for Arenado should the Rockies really open themselves to trade proposals this winter. The star third baseman has a full no-trade clause, so he'll have the biggest say in the end. It's a shocking thought that Colorado might move Arenado just 10 months after he signed a massive seven-year, $260 million contract extension, but that deal carries an opt-out for after 2021, and 2019 was an ugly all-around year in Denver. Maybe it could actually happen.

https://theathletic.com/1474569/2019/12/19/rosenthal-a-nolan-arenado-trade-no-longer-seems-like-a-preposterous-idea/