2019 MLB Awards Predictions

mse326

Ok. End of the season time to start the awards clock. Post who you think should and will win the various awards

MVP
AL- 
Should: Mike Trout (undoubtedly the best player this year); Will: Alex Bregman (he has had a MVP quality year so though Trout has been better, this isn't absurd. The extra games means he has produced about the same amount of total value as Trout. Though I don't think team success matters we know voters do and the Astros are the best team in baseball)
NL- Should: Chrisitan Yelich (Had a better year than last year and did produce the best in NL again); Will; Cody Bellinger (I actually won't be surprised if Yelich does win. These two almost mirror what happened in the AL with Yelich missing time for injury and Bellinger producing about the same amount of value as a result. Biggest difference is Yelich was on a playoff team that isn't there without him while the Angels didn't factor in at all. But I think the narrative for Bellinger has been steady all year and the season ending injury mean people even forgot about Yelich a bit)

CYA
AL- Should and Will: Justin Verlander (I know the peripherals say Cole as well as fWAR, but with awards a value more about what happened. So I tend to like rWAR and RA9-WAR as well as some traditional stats like ERA instead of FIP. I don't discount the stats/formulas that go for projection because there is a reason that they project one as better, but when close the stuff that actually happened wins for me. I think he will as well as there is more story, still great after all the years after being written off a bit, some penance as he should have more than 1 CYA in his storied career, and frankly the no-hitter won't hurt either)
NL- Should and Will: Jacob deGrom (With Scherzer hurt for a good bit of time I think many will write him off. The Mets were only as close as they were because of him. Simply put he was the best pitcher in the National League).

ROY
AL- Yordan Alvarez
NL- Pete Alonso
There are other rookies that had very good years, but none in their respective leagues that have an argument over these two. They really shouldn't even need justification.

I don't do Manager of the Year because there is no way to judge how much effect a manager actually had on their team, especially in a single season. But feel free to post yours if you'd like.