Something brewing with Diggs?

Nbanflguy

I think Diggs is physically more talented, but I think our QBs over the years tend to trust Thielen more, and Thielen is a little more versatile in how we use him.

But really, having both of them allows us to have the best 1-2 punch at WR in the league.

I hope Olabisi Johnson can continue to grow and compliment both of them.

25 minutes ago, Illadelegend215 said:

At the end of the day, the fact that we have legit arguments on two guys that can be considered tops in the league is great. Give cousins a lil time and it’s guaranteed one will get open

Yeah, as was mentioned a bit up the thread, I don't understand anyone arguing too strongly for one of them being better than the other and telling someone else they are wrong.

They are both great. I happen to think Thielen is the better of the two but I can certainly understand anyone that likes Diggs better and see no need to try and convince them they are wrong. Shoot, there is a decent chance I'll be thinking Diggs is the better of the two at some point and maybe that will not even be in the very distant future. They are both great. It is close.

It was so close that I went and searched to get a feeling for "expert" opinion. That does look heavily slanted towards Thielen. That makes it even stranger to see such strong arguments trying to convince anyone that Thielen isn't the better of the two. But it is even kind of strange to me to see such strong arguments trying to convince someone that likes Thielen better than Diggs. They are both on the Vikings and both make each other better.

I am not questioning why some fans like Diggs better of the two. I do wonder why some fans are questioning a sentiment that Thielen is the better of the two. I do not think that it is crazy to say that Thielen is a top 5 WR and Diggs is a top 15 WR. On the other hand, you could reverse those and I wouldn't call you crazy either. In either scenario, they are both top 15 WRs and that seems pretty close to me.

Being really honest, I do not personally think that either of them are top 5 WRs in the league but both are top 15 WRs. There are some pretty good WRs in the league. We have two of them.

They are both great route runners. I do not know which of them is the better route runner. To flat out say someone is wrong to think Thielen is the better route runner of the two looks a bit silly. That is a not just disagreeing with the opinion. It is a bit much IMO.

6 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think Diggs is physically more talented, but I think our QBs over the years tend to trust Thielen more, and Thielen is a little more versatile in how we use him.

But really, having both of them allows us to have the best 1-2 punch at WR in the league.

I hope Olabisi Johnson can continue to grow and compliment both of them.

Talented is a bit vague. I think Theilen is a lot more athletic than people give him credit for. And Diggs is more versatile imo as he can often be used on jet sweeps and has even been the QB on a trick play this year. He's also good at routes from basically any range.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

Yeah, as was mentioned a bit up the thread, I don't understand anyone arguing too strongly for one of them being better than the other and telling someone else they are wrong.

Yeah it's fine to have preferences, but I see it more as preferring play style over saying one is more talented than the other. Rams fans could have a similar discussion. So could Vikings fans in the late 90s. So could Colts fans for about a decade.

• Like 1

My goodness...I walk away from the forum for a few days, and you guys are deep in an argument about who is better, Thielen or Diggs?  They are BOTH great, and give our QB an embarrassment of riches...along with TE's and RB's...to throw to!  Thielen and Diggs make each other better!!!

I don't think anyone is suggesting that one isn't a great asset? I didn't really see this as an argument, and I definitely agree that they are greater than the sum of their parts. I don't think it's a big deal to talk about why some feel that one is a better overall player than the other though.

It's a pretty cool thing to see a 5th rounder and a camp tryout make a legitimate claim as the best receiving duo in the NFL. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting that one isn't a great asset? I didn't really see this as an argument, and I definitely agree that they are greater than the sum of their parts. I don't think it's a big deal to talk about why some feel that one is a better overall player than the other though.

It's a pretty cool thing to see a 5th rounder and a camp tryout make a legitimate claim as the best receiving duo in the NFL. 

And a 7th round pick will make it the best trio!