Jump to content
Nbanflguy

Something brewing with Diggs?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

Did you watch the game?

I did but I wasn't always watching Diggs because the screen cuts out. 

Football is more fun to watch when you can see more than just who has the football at the moment. Most of the time we miss out on WR routes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I did but I wasn't always watching Diggs because the screen cuts out. 

Football is more fun to watch when you can see more than just who has the football at the moment. Most of the time we miss out on WR routes.

Even tho he had a couple targets, he did what he could yesterday. He bailed Kirk out on that awfully underthrown deep ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Beautiful.

If our line was better I really think Kirk would target him more. This kid catches contested footballs in his sleep. I really feel like he has the talent to be top 5, just gotta get the chances. You see how he beat the corner with the stop and go? Kirk throws a bomb that’s easily a big play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Beautiful.

Beautiful indeed.

I don't care who you are; you'll like watching Diggs. Diggs is fun to to watch. Wish the TVs showed the full WR routes more often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

If our line was better I really think Kirk would target him more. This kid catches contested footballs in his sleep. I really feel like he has the talent to be top 5, just gotta get the chances. You see how he beat the corner with the stop and go? Kirk throws a bomb that’s easily a big play

The OL is middle of the pack in pass protection. I think Cousins just has needs to be more confident in pushing the ball downfield towards Diggs, just don’t be dumb about it. Losing Thielen hurts too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

The OL is middle of the pack in pass protection. I think Cousins just has needs to be more confident in pushing the ball downfield towards Diggs, just don’t be dumb about it. Losing Thielen hurts too.

i'm pretty sure it's a mandate from zimmer to whatever QB is starting for him to take care of the football. besides zimmer's first year here (teddy's rookie year), we've finished 5th, 2nd, 2nd, 9th and 4th (this season) in fewest interceptions. when you consider how many different quarterbacks and offensive coordinators we've had, to be that consistent makes me believe that zimmer tells his team he'd rather take an open checkdown than a 50/50 ball for 20 yards. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, whitehops said:

i'm pretty sure it's a mandate from zimmer to whatever QB is starting for him to take care of the football. besides zimmer's first year here (teddy's rookie year), we've finished 5th, 2nd, 2nd, 9th and 4th (this season) in fewest interceptions. when you consider how many different quarterbacks and offensive coordinators we've had, to be that consistent makes me believe that zimmer tells his team he'd rather take an open checkdown than a 50/50 ball for 20 yards. 

 

Just not a fan of that mindset if you’re going to pay QB, WR1 and WR2 as much as the Vikes do. That’s like $50 million worth of cap space right there, just to check the ball down. The mindset needs to change if this team is to go anywhere.

i get that Zimmer wants to play defense and run the ball, but I think you’ve got to let talent make plays to win games for you and not play to not make a mistake. Offense has to be better if the defense is going to slide some.

 

Edited by vikingsrule

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

The OL is middle of the pack in pass protection. I think Cousins just has needs to be more confident in pushing the ball downfield towards Diggs, just don’t be dumb about it. Losing Thielen hurts too.

I guess I’m so used to seeing cousins get rattled in the pocket from so many pressures that I always believed it was their fault that he would get scared and not look downfield. I think giving diggs slants and comebacks would give him opportunities also though. He is much more shiftier than thielen so he will make a guy miss. He just needs chances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Just not a fan of that mindset if you’re going to pay QB, WR1 and WR2 as much as the Vikes do. That’s like $50 million worth of cap space right there, just to check the ball down. The mindset needs to change if this team is to go anywhere.

i get that Zimmer wants to play defense and run the ball, but I think you’ve got to let talent make plays to win games for you and not play to not make a mistake. Offense has to be better if the defense is going to slide some.

 

Check the ball down?  Kirk Cousins is 3rd in the entire NFL in yards per attempt.  He's been anything but Checkdown Charlie this season.  You must be confusing him with Sam Bradford and Christian Ponder.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Check the ball down?  Kirk Cousins is 3rd in the entire NFL in yards per attempt.  He's been anything but Checkdown Charlie this season.  You must be confusing him with Sam Bradford and Christian Ponder.  

Would be curious to see how that stat measures up without YAC since we’ve been killing defenses with the screen game. Diggs stats have been quite poor ever since Thielen went down, there’s got to be a reason for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Would be curious to see how that stat measures up without YAC since we’ve been killing defenses with the screen game. Diggs stats have been quite poor ever since Thielen went down, there’s got to be a reason for it.

I don't think it would be fair to eliminate the YAC because the screen game is so important. He's throwing the passes that are called, it's not like he's Bradford looking for 1 and coming back to the flat.

Also - Diggs went off after Theilen left the DET game. Theilen left with just over 5 minutes left in the 1st quarter of that game. Diggs had 6 for 127 after Theilen left that game, and 7 for 143 in the next game. He's been getting targets though. 8/7/5/6 in games since Theilen went down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't score if you don't keep the ball. The team is being judicious in its downfield attack. I'm alright with that. Also, that helps mask deficiencies in the offensive line. When Norv Turner was here, we all saw what happens when you call 5-7 step drops on a consistent basis with a suspect O-line. It is true that our line is better, but I think that a good part of that is due to not being asked to protect longer than necessary. 

We are at, or near, the top of the league in explosive plays. They're getting their opportunities and making the most of them. No need to change the formula until someone stops it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are 55 receivers this season with atleast 450+ yards. Diggs leads all 55 of them in Yards/Reception with 19.1.  Diggs has 880 yards (6th in league) on 46 receptions. Diggs also has highest number of 40+ yard receptions (6) and 20+ yard receptions (16) in the league this season.

 

On the downside, Diggs also leads all 55 of them in fumbles - 4. No one else has more than 2 fumbles

Edited by upriser7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×