Something brewing with Diggs?

Nbanflguy

Coach doesn't have confidence in Cousins. Pendulum swings in the other direction and he becomes ultra conservative with the offensive philosophy. In turn, the two star WRs start to question why they are even there. 

Edited by Howler

Contract Notes:

• $16.907M guaranteed at signing (signing bonus + 2018 salary)
  • 2019 salary fully guarantees on 3/15/2019
  • 2020 salary fully guarantees on 3/20/2020
  • $3.3M of 2021 salary fully guarantees on the 3rd league day of 2021
  • 2019 Per Game Active Bonus: $31,250 ($500,000, 15 LTBE)
  • 2020 Per Game Active Bonus: $31,250 ($500,000)
  • 2021 Per Game Active Bonus: $31,250 ($500,000)
  • 2022 Per Game Active Bonus: $31,250 ($500,000)
  • 2023 Per Game Active Bonus: $31,250 ($500,000)
  • 2019-23 Workout Bonus: $100,000
  • Incentives $9M

• Could it be this? He realistically can't meet these milestones playing in the current offensive structure. 
Edited by Howler

12 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Who knows, but most likely it's the fact that he doesn't like the new run-oriented scheme, which limits his receptions.

He just had a 100 yard game in Chicago. The first and third games were blowouts, what does he expect. Were there missed opportunities in the Green Bay game? absolutely.

i like the Vikes stance but if they can get a first round pick for him from a team that isn’t the Patriots (since they will be picking 32nd), I’d do it. Not interested in a player for player trade at this point, unless I was getting a stud LT who’s still pretty young. 

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

He just had a 100 yard game in Chicago. The first and third games were blowouts, what does he expect. Were there missed opportunities in the Green Bay game? absolutely.

i like the Vikes stance but if they can get a first round pick for him from a team that isn’t the Patriots (since they will be picking 32nd), I’d do it. Not interested in a player for player trade at this point, unless I was getting a stud LT who’s still pretty young. 

Not to mention he had had a couple drops and a big fumble

• Like 2

I do not like what is happening with the 2019 Vikings!  Yet, I am predicting this whole thing between Cousins, Theilen, Diggs and Zimmer will get uglier before it gets better.  I really hate this.

I feel we are forgetting how hard it has been for us to find quality receivers.  You trade Diggs and they next guy wanting out will be Thielen due to the coverage he'll garner. 

They need to go ahead and fire Stefanski and give the play-calling duties to the best play-caller on the staff.

I don’t think his frustration is schematically based. I think it’s more towards the QB. 

The scheme is getting both Diggs and Thielen open, there have been times where Diggs looks like he’s running free. 

I’m guessing that the frustration is mounting due to the QB failing to see/pull the trigger, and instead opting to check it down. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Freakout said:

They need to go ahead and fire Stefanski and give the play-calling duties to the best play-caller on the staff.

This would be a bad idea. Mid season firings of the OC in back to back years would signal the end for this version of the Vikings.