Something brewing with Diggs?

Nbanflguy

1 minute ago, wcblack34 said:

I don’t believe it’s about wins with Diggs. The losses certainly exacerbate things. But if we were 4-0 right now and he had the same stat line, I think he’d still be frustrated. I think he wants stats. He wants the attention that goes along with those stats. You don’t get the endorsements and awards putting up 48/700/3. 

Wonder why he resigned with us then? He know’s Zimmer’s philosophy and that Thielen wasn’t going anywhere. Why are good WRs so prone to becoming divas?

9 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Someone should do a psychological study on that. 

i don't know about all receivers but i get it if thielen and diggs are frustrated. there are people on twitter that have like two minute clips of diggs making his defender fall... and in most of those clips he's not getting targeted. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Wonder why he resigned with us then? He know’s Zimmer’s philosophy and that Thielen wasn’t going anywhere. Why are good WRs so prone to becoming divas?

He signed before thielan coming off of the playoffs that he made the miracle play and coming off of his best year of course he is going to resign as things were looking good. You change your offense multiple times since then, you pay a ton for a mediocre qb and focus on running the ball more then passing. Things changed since the Vikings re-signed him. I dont think he is being a diva I think he is showing that he is worth more then just 5-7 targets a game which is what he is getting this year. The vikings have weapons and are able to afford to move him for the right price, as they still have Rudolph, Thielan, Irv Smith, Dalvin cook. You can take on a 1st round pick and either bulk up that oline in the draft or flexibility to move up and get the future qb as the draft is some what deep this year. Im all for my Bills giving up a 1st and Zay Jones for Diggs right now if the opportunity popped up.

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I think they need to come out throwing the ball. I felt that way after the Green Bay game, and heading into Chicago. They need to get Cousins out of this funk. And I think you can do that in part by centralizing Diggs and Thielen in the game plan. 

And going up against the 32nd ranked pass defense this week should make that an easy way to go. 

Yes!  This idea that Dalvin Cook is going to be the central part of our offense and lead us to a Super Bowl is ridiculous.  I love Dalvin, but he isn't going to last if we run him like a bell cow for 19 games.  Prime Adrian Peterson, sure, but not a guy like Cook.  In addition to that, this is a passing league.  Why work against that when you have good weapons all over the field to pass to?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

I don’t believe it’s about wins with Diggs. The losses certainly exacerbate things. But if we were 4-0 right now and he had the same stat line, I think he’d still be frustrated. I think he wants stats. He wants the attention that goes along with those stats. You don’t get the endorsements and awards putting up 48/700/3. 

I would guess that Diggs also has bonuses built into his contract that are based on production.  If that's the case, it's understandable that he would be getting frustrated when he gets open and doesn't get the ball.  It's pretty much life when you are a wide receiver in the NFL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

I would guess that Diggs also has bonuses built into his contract that are based on production.  If that's the case, it's understandable that he would be getting frustrated when he gets open and doesn't get the ball.  It's pretty much life when you are a wide receiver in the NFL.

His agent negotiated the contract on Diggs behalf. What Zimmer wants to be as a team shouldn’t be a surprise to Diggs at this point. I ask again, if you’re Diggs, why the sign the deal? I think we all know why he did, now he has to live with it. 

• Like 1

Just now, vikingsrule said:

His agent negotiated the contract on Diggs behalf. What Zimmer wants to be as a team shouldn’t be a surprise to Diggs at this point. I ask again, if you’re Diggs, why the sign the deal? I think we all know why he did, now he has to live with it. 

I agree completely.  I'm just guessing that losing out on a lot of money when he isn't targeted is the cause of his frustration.  At the same time, you're right, he signed the contract and made his bed.  Now he can lie in it.  I'm sure it's still a very comfortable bed.

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I think they need to come out throwing the ball. I felt that way after the Green Bay game, and heading into Chicago. They need to get Cousins out of this funk. And I think you can do that in part by centralizing Diggs and Thielen in the game plan. 

And going up against the 32nd ranked pass defense this week should make that an easy way to go. 

Do you think it possible to de-funk Kirk Cousins?

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Diggs signed his contract right before training camp last year. That was after the hiring of Defilippo, after the signing of Cousins, and after getting a sense of the offense in OTAs. 

Thats why he re-signed. 

So he signed knowing Cousins would be his QB? Rally around him then and don’t drop the ball on third down. 

• Like 2