GDT " Fancy a Pint Mate?" Edition: Bears & Raiders 10/06/19

malagabears

Well, we take the show overseas. London bemoles our global stage where our ferocious D unleashes a relentless attack on Carr.

How many turnovers and sacks do we get? On O, how many points does the O put up with a streamlined O run by Daniel?

I think we should be able to score 20-27 and keep Oakland to 10 points or below.

Let's get this party started! I will take a Guinness.

• Like 2

Watched most of Raiders Colts.   Hard game to quick scout because Indy didn't come to play and was missing a bunch of key guys.  They were never really in the game despite the score.  Stadium was really empty too.  

Their O line is humongous and are true road graders.  They are weak at RG though.  I think he is a back up.   Rest of O line looks good.   Looked like their RT, Brown, hurt his hand in the game, but it didn't seem to bother him later.  Dude is a monstrous human being.  Their RB can do everything and behind that big O line is tough to deal with.  

Their TEs are young and athletic.  Moreau may have a good future.  Reminds me of guy on our practice squad, but bigger and actually playing.   Their receivers are below average as a group, Williams is probably most dangerous.  

Carr is schizophrenic.  He'll drop a dime then throw a really bad pass.  He wants throw to the TEs.

On defense they have some really tall DL who can swat passes and also some big thick guys in middle.  

#50 was really impressive and was everywhere against Indy.   Morrow.   Never heard of him, but he is really good.   Joseph hits really hard.   Watch out for him because he can end your day.   Joyner can make some plays.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Watched most of Raiders Colts.   Hard game to quick scout because Indy didn't come to play and was missing a bunch of key guys.  They were never really in the game despite the score.  Stadium was really empty too.  

Their O line is humongous and are true road graders.  They are weak at RG though.  I think he is a back up.   Rest of O line looks good.   Looked like their RT, Brown, hurt his hand in the game, but it didn't seem to bother him later.  Dude is a monstrous human being.  Their RB can do everything and behind that big O line is tough to deal with.  

Their TEs are young and athletic.  Moreau may have a good future.  Reminds me of guy on our practice squad, but bigger and actually playing.   Their receivers are below average as a group, Williams is probably most dangerous.  

Carr is schizophrenic.  He'll drop a dime then throw a really bad pass.  He wants throw to the TEs.

On defense they have some really tall DL who can swat passes and also some big thick guys in middle.  

#50 was really impressive and was everywhere against Indy.   Morrow.   Never heard of him, but he is really good.   Joseph hits really hard.   Watch out for him because he can end your day.   Joyner can make some plays.

pretty good summary of our team, well done. 
ill say Morrow, isnt really good. but he did have a great game against the Colts, maybe he is improving we will see if he can have back to back good games.
We live and die with Carr, who as you said is Schizophrenic. We all know Mack is hyped up for this game, but, I know Carr is as well. He wants to beat Mack. So maybe he plays calm and collected. But who knows, if he balls we have a shot, if not game will get ugly.

Our O, isnt consistent enough to move the ball / play the field position game against your D, so hopefully we can get a few chunk plays here or there. Josh Jacobs is impressing me more and more every week, will be interesting to watch him up against your D.

On D, we are greatly improved from last year, but still bad. We have speed though, which is nice. I was hoping to play against Mitch, will be interesting to see how we can stack up against Daniels. 
Our O is better than your O Id say
Your D is ridiculously better than our D lol. 

Im not throwing in the towel, but Carr really needs to step up if the Raiders are going to have a shot.

Good luck, hopefully no injuries. 
Please God, dont let Khalil have a 5 sack game.  

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

This will be a really close game in my opinion. I think this is the game our run D struggles against that massive OL. 20-17 Bears but it could go the other way.

We are always going to play close games because our offense stinks.

Unless we play the real league doormats, I expect a 6-7 point win will seem like tons.

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

pretty good summary of our team, well done. 
ill say Morrow, isnt really good. but he did have a great game against the Colts, maybe he is improving we will see if he can have back to back good games.
We live and die with Carr, who as you said is Schizophrenic. We all know Mack is hyped up for this game, but, I know Carr is as well. He wants to beat Mack. So maybe he plays calm and collected. But who knows, if he balls we have a shot, if not game will get ugly.

Our O, isnt consistent enough to move the ball / play the field position game against your D, so hopefully we can get a few chunk plays here or there. Josh Jacobs is impressing me more and more every week, will be interesting to watch him up against your D.

On D, we are greatly improved from last year, but still bad. We have speed though, which is nice. I was hoping to play against Mitch, will be interesting to see how we can stack up against Daniels. 
Our O is better than your O Id say
Your D is ridiculously better than our D lol. 

Im not throwing in the towel, but Carr really needs to step up if the Raiders are going to have a shot.

Good luck, hopefully no injuries. 
Please God, dont let Khalil have a 5 sack game.  

Your tall quick DL may give our hobbit sized back up QB some real problems.  You don't have to beat your man you just have to get your arms up in his line of sight after 2 - 3 secs.  

Last year Daniel looked good in his first start then laid a massive egg in his second.  A lot of this season is deja vu.  Lets hope that isn't another repeat offense.  

Our O line is better without its starting right guard, not sure if our coaches realize it yet.  

Our back up ILB played out of his mind last week vs run and screens, but has clear limitations in coverage.  That can be exploited.   Especially against a team that wants to use its TEs in pass game.  I don't know if he is playing again unless news broke about Roquan I haven't heard yet.   Not sure he can repeat that performance.  

I suspect Hicks is going to play, but I don't know.  Nagy likes to give star guys time to be completely healed rather than playing hurt for most part.  He may let him rest through the bye.  

I think nearly every game we play this year will go down to the wire unless we block better and can complete some downfield passes.

Edited by dll2000

I feel for Nagy.  I coached a lot of great defenses with bad offenses and I have been offensive coach of a few bad offenses with a great defense. 

(I have also coached a lot of high scoring offenses lest you think I just suck).  

But point is when your defense is really good and your offense sucks the season is tough on the offensive coach.  Even if you are winning. Every week you feel like you aren't holding up your end of bargain.  Fans(parents in my case) criticize you constantly which makes it worse. 

Nagy is a really good offensive coach. But it only takes a few missing ingredients to torpedo an offense.  Almost always it's Oline and QB that does it.  Lack of explosive players also is a big one.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I feel for Nagy.  I coached a lot of great defenses with bad offenses and I have been offensive coach of a few bad offenses with a great defense. 

(I have also coached a lot of high scoring offenses lest you think I just suck).  

But point is when your defense is really good and your offense sucks the season is tough on the offensive coach.  Even if you are winning. Every week you feel like you aren't holding up your end of bargain.  Fans(parents in my case) criticize you constantly which makes it worse. 

Nagy is a really good offensive coach. But it only takes a few missing ingredients to torpedo an offense.  Almost always it's Oline and QB that does it.  Lack of explosive players also is a big one.  

It's more than a bit premature (and it's also completely unrealistic) to say the Bears offense sucks. 

You should know better than that.