GDT " Fancy a Pint Mate?" Edition: Bears & Raiders 10/06/19

malagabears

Hopes this puts to bed the people who say Chase is better than Mitch. All around pathetic performance by our team. Penalties may have cost us the game but it's becoming more and more clear that the offensive line really needs a renovation this offseason. It's pathetic watching the Raiders run all over our great defense and while a defense like them completely shut our running game down. The true litmus test is the fact that we haven't had a 70 yard rusher yet this year.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

You mean like last year when we lost to Miami in a game we should've won, then went on to have a 12-4 season en-route to the playoffs?

Exactly like the Dolphins and Giants games last year that they lost en route to losing in the playoffs. Either one of those games was a win then they have a bye and then don't go against a hot Eagles team.

19 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Bottom line this defense needs to play nearly perfectly to give the Bears a chance to win.

Exactly and there is no way we can expect that. The offense has to step up or we’re not going anywhere. 

This offensive line has been terrible for two years. It’s time to get a new Oline coach and move some players around.

5 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

This offensive line has been terrible for two years

Disagree. The OL was pretty good last year they just seemed to have taken a major step backwards.

Unfortunately there's no way to fix this year so we'll have to make do and hope Helfrich can make magic happen. 

Edited by JustAnotherFan

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Disagree. The OL was pretty good last year they just seemed to have taken a major step backwards.

Unfortunately there's no way to fix this year so we'll have to make do and hope Helfrich can make magic happen. 

They were good in the passing game but in the running game there looked terrible to me. Is there anything showing otherwise? I know you've using way more advanced stats than I use.

13 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

They were good in the passing game but in the running game there looked terrible to me. Is there anything showing otherwise? I know you've using way more advanced stats than I use.

Most of the metrics I saw (adjusted line yards, success rate) weren’t good.

Edited by abstract_thought
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

The biggest problem with the run game last year wasn't the OL, IMO. It was more of a scheme issue and Nagy not having the right personnel to execute it without tipping his hand. He had two RB's who are one trick ponies in Howard (who can't catch) and Cohen(who is not a good at runs between the tackle) so it was almost too obvious what Nagy was gonna run. 

If Howard was in on obvious rushing downs and Cohen was on the sideline, they were running it up the middle so defenses would stack the box. If Cohen was in the game and Howard was sidelined, they were running to the outside.

Another example would be whenever Mitch lined up behind center with Howard in the game....it was almost always gonna be a run up the middle. 
This is why Pace and Nagy tried so hard in the offseason to get 2 backs who were not only good at running the ball between gaps but are also a threat as pass catchers. It's easier to disguise the offense this way. Unfortunately, it just hasn't worked out because the OL has regressed so much.

• Like 1

This season is done.  What a waste of top talent.  

Stop saying our o line coach is great too, there is nothing to support that in two years. 

Our most fundamental O linemen last year was 20 year old Daniels and he regressed in technique after a year with our O line coach.  

Edited by dll2000

If I ever hear the argument again that Chase Daniel is a better option at QB for Bears over Trubisky then I'm a lose it.

What in the hell was he thinking on that last throw? Its 2nd down in the Raiders end and you need a FG to tie the game. I mean WTF!?!?

He should have had another pick too if not for a weak roughing the passer penalty. Overall bad performance from him and I don't want to see him starting ever again 

Also Kyle Long and Charles Leno are playing awful football this season. Not good. Long may just be done. At what point do the coaches bench him because its painfully obvious right now he's no longer good.. unless he is playing injured...? 

Most disappointing tho was the defense. They let that offense run the ball down their throats and didn't register any sacks and barely any pressure. Didn't realize the Raiders had an all pro line. They looked gassed and disoriented.

This team is not ready to contend for a SB. Nagy needs to get his **** together and have the team better prepared.

21 games in this regime and the team still has no offensive identity.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

If I ever hear the argument again that Chase Daniel is a better option at QB for Bears over Trubisky then I'm a lose it.

What in the hell was he thinking on that last throw? Its 2nd down in the Raiders end and you need a FG to tie the game. I mean WTF!?!?

He should have had another pick too if not for a weak roughing the passer penalty. Overall bad performance from him and I don't want to see him starting ever again 

Also Kyle Long and Charles Leno are playing awful football this season. Not good. Long may just be done. At what point do the coaches bench him because its painfully obvious right now he's no longer good.. unless he is playing injured...? 

Most disappointing tho was the defense. They let that offense run the ball down their throats and didn't register any sacks and barely any pressure. Didn't realize the Raiders had an all pro line. They looked gassed and disoriented.

This team is not ready to contend for a SB. Nagy needs to get his **** together and have the team better prepared.

21 games in this regime and the team still has no offensive identity.

Have to agree 100% here. The OLine has been just terrible the past 3 games at a minimum. No push at all and Long is getting beat on rushes constantly, not to mention Leno. His penalties have been amateur and he has regressed to the point I will be clamouring for both a RG & LT next off season. Daniel was overall bad and his 2 interceptions cost us the game. He had some nice throws but no,way he leads this team for another 2-3 games. If we lost to the Saints it is going to be a brutal season. The OLine got manhandled and mauled by a scrub Dline, absolutely no excuses. Wow has Heistand turned the OLine into an absolute dumpster fire.

• Like 2