GDT " Fancy a Pint Mate?" Edition: Bears & Raiders 10/06/19

malagabears

2 hours ago, GOGRIESE said:

You get your buddy Mitch back in a few weeks to throw for 20 yards so don't worry

While the argument can be made that Mitch hasn't been any better at least the guy can make plays with his legs in addition to being already able to do what Chase can do. 

2 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

As much as this sucks, we still only lost by 3. It's been 2 years since we lost a game by more than 7. 

This is a loss on the road against a AFC team. Now we need the Cowboys to win today.

I get what you're saying but these are the kind of games you will look back on at the end of the season that will likely have an impact on Bears either making the POs or not or having a higher seed..similar to the Dolphins and Giants games last year.

Especially when you consider that this team still has games left against Saints, Chiefs, Cowboys, @Rams, @Eagles and @Packers.

Also it reallly bugs me that we helped Raiders possibly get a better 1st round pick while at the same worsened the 2nd round pick we will get back in return from them from the Mack trade.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

While the argument can be made that Mitch hasn't been any better at least the guy can make plays with his legs in addition to being already able to do what Chase can do. 

Except this year he isn't using his legs to make plays, the whole offense has sucked this year.

Every time I think I know what/who I think this Bears team is I get burned. Bottom line though, I think we have a problem with our coaching staff, specifically Nagy. I don't want Joe Maddon, and if that is who he is we need to cut bait. This team seems undisciplined and free spirited and they got their ***** handed to them today. What's the excuse?

Edited by dafreak

3 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Are we really having a Chase vs. a #1 draft pick Mitch argument? We are f'd. This was the ultimate fail by Pace and regardless of whatever else he has done it is inexcusable. We need a GM who can evaluate QB's, and he is obviously not it. And without the QB, no other picks matter. Let that sink in, without a QB every other position is irrelevant. No QB = Mediocricy. So, enough about the current QB situation, who can we hire to pick the right one?

Yeah it’s weird when David montgomery looks good while getting like 1.9 yards per carry. He fights for every inch every time but there’s not much he can do when he has 3 dudes hitting him every time a yard behind the line of scrimmage. This offense sucks. 

• Like 1

We looked totally under prepared out there...the decision to travel over so late was clearly the wrong one and that has to fall on Nagy...

The OL was atrocious...give me Coward at RG over Long for the rest of the season because at least Coward might be something...Long is done...I also think we need to start looking at Harry Hiestand...these offensive linemen are going back the way...Leno has been terrible this season compared to last and Whitehair & Daniels have never got going following the switch...it's a bad day when Bobby Massie is playing the best ball of the five starters...I also think we have to look at going back to more zone blocking concepts...Leno, Whitehair, Daniels & even Massie to an extent fit that mold far better...

Disappointing trip all round though.

23 hours ago, Nads786 said:

Why are there so many Bears fans in London?

NFL UK had a poll a few years back that had the Bears as the 2nd most supported team in the UK behind the New England Patriots...

Also have to commend the sheer volume of American fans that traveled over...the hotel we were in was full of fans from both sides but the Bears outnumbered the Raiders fans about 4-1 and on the streets it was more like 10-1...got talking to a good few of them at the hotel bar and all seemed pretty cool if a little confused with some of the accents xD

11 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

We looked totally under prepared out there...the decision to travel over so late was clearly the wrong one and that has to fall on Nagy...

The OL was atrocious...give me Coward at RG over Long for the rest of the season because at least Coward might be something...Long is done...I also think we need to start looking at Harry Hiestand...these offensive linemen are going back the way...Leno has been terrible this season compared to last and Whitehair & Daniels have never got going following the switch...it's a bad day when Bobby Massie is playing the best ball of the five starters...I also think we have to look at going back to more zone blocking concepts...Leno, Whitehair, Daniels & even Massie to an extent fit that mold far better...

Disappointing trip all round though.

The zone blocking scheme was working so well for this Oline with Fox and Jordan Howard. I feel like we're fitting a round peg in a square hole.

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

It was 1 game guys, we were 3-2 after 5 games last year, relax a bit.

The issue is when you look at losing to the Raiders if you look at pure talent vs. talent we should win this game by 21 points...problem is one team was prepared and one team wasn't...that is inexcusable.