GDT " Fancy a Pint Mate?" Edition: Bears & Raiders 10/06/19

malagabears

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

It was 1 game guys, we were 3-2 after 5 games last year, relax a bit.

The voice of reason. It's still so early, I think it's obvious this team came out flat in all phases and we still had a chance to win. Before anyone says "but it's the Raiders" - every team loses winnable games. It's the NFL this is what makes the sport fun!

Just now, Madmike90 said:

The issue is when you look at losing to the Raiders if you look at pure talent vs. talent we should win this game by 21 points...problem is one team was prepared and one team wasn't...that is inexcusable.

Couldn't we say the same thing about the Colts vs the Chiefs? What team is perfect week in and week out?

Just now, Nads786 said:

The zone blocking scheme was working so well for this Oline with Fox and Jordan Howard. I feel like we're fitting a round peg in a square hole.

No doubt and I feel Montgomery have the vision and balance to really excel in that scheme...I also think we don't need to go full on zone...even just run some stretches to show something different because right now it is just so poor blocking what's in front of them.

Just now, Nads786 said:

Couldn't we say the same thing about the Colts vs the Chiefs? What team is perfect week in and week out?

No doubt...very few teams are going to win every game but you could just see it in the Bears performance...the first half they were asleep.

Just now, Madmike90 said:

No doubt and I feel Montgomery have the vision and balance to really excel in that scheme...I also think we don't need to go full on zone...even just run some stretches to show something different because right now it is just so poor blocking what's in front of them.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn;t the Bears run zone blocking under Fox with some of these same guys?  Also don't both Reid and Pederson employ zone in KC and Philly as well?  Really curious why Nagy chose to run this kind of scheme considering that and also the players he has at his disposal.

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

No doubt...very few teams are going to win every game but you could just see it in the Bears performance...the first half they were asleep.

Agreed - the travel plans just did not work at all for us. We looked sleepy and slow out there. 

Just now, topwop1 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn;t the Bears run zone blocking under Fox with some of these same guys?  Also don't both Reid and Pederson employ zone in KC and Philly as well?  Really curious why Nagy chose to run this kind of scheme considering that and also the players he has at his disposal.

Perhaps HH really wanted to run this scheme? If so lets let him go. He hasn't really done anything to develop this line. 

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Yeah we ran zone with Fox and Howard was at his best when we did...no idea why Nagy isn't running the same...if anything I think he wanted to add someone as experienced as HH to his staff and HH is stuck in his ways and can only coach one way by the looks of things.

15 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

The issue is when you look at losing to the Raiders if you look at pure talent vs. talent we should win this game by 21 points...problem is one team was prepared and one team wasn't...that is inexcusable.

Not going to argue with any of that, but you could say the same thing about Miami, and NYG last year.  Its ultimately 1 game.  It sucks to lose, it sucks to lose to the raiders.  But it's still one game.  Got the bye to heal up a bit.  We'll have Mitch and hopefully Nichols back for the Saints, who are playing really good football on both sides right now.  So we'll see what happens.

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Not going to argue with any of that, but you could say the same thing about Miami, and NYG last year.  Its ultimately 1 game.  It sucks to lose, it sucks to lose to the raiders.  But it's still one game.  Got the bye to heal up a bit.  We'll have Mitch and hopefully Nichols back for the Saints, who are playing really good football on both sides right now.  So we'll see what happens.

No doubt it is only one game and I still full expect us to be a play off team but it's one game we need to learn from and not make the same mistakes from...

The bye week is huge for us to see if we can get some big players back healthy.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

No doubt it is only one game and I still full expect us to be a play off team but it's one game we need to learn from and not make the same mistakes from...

The bye week is huge for us to see if we can get some big players back healthy.

I have serious doubts about being a playoff team.

This offense is bad, like really really bad. The QB has not progressed as we had hoped, but now the OL is terrible and we cannot run the ball at all.

I am not sure how we can look at this offense and think playoffs. Great defenses can make the playoffs, but they need something on offense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

This offense is bad, like really really bad. The QB has not progressed as we had hoped, but now the OL is terrible and we cannot run the ball at all.

I am not sure how we can look at this offense and think playoffs. Great defenses can make the playoffs, but they need something on offense.

I still have faith Nagy will lift this offence from where we are right now...like you said we just need enough if we can get this defence back to full health I still think we make it.

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I can see this team squeaking by with a 9-7 record as a wild card team. I would really love to see the Bears go to the playoffs back to back years. When was the last time that happened? 2005 to 2006?

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I'm starting to think this way as well unfortunately.

I don't think the OL will just magically start playing better mid season when you already have the guys playing that you were projected to be playing when the season started and a real lack of quality depth options available, especially at LT.

Even if this team gets to the playoffs somehow how far can we realistically expect them to go with an offensive line that can't get anything going the run game which puts more weight on Mitch to get things done through the air while facing constant pressure.

I believe when Nagy made that quote yesterday after the game on guys needing to look themselves in the mirror and ask themselves why they are here he was directly talking to the offensive line. I said it earlier that Kyle Long looks like he doesn't even want to be out there anymore.  If that's the case then send him to IR and be done with it.