NFL Retroactively Suspends FA K Josh Brown 6 Games

cddolphin

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

After this we can NEVER underestimate just how stupid the NFL thinks the casual fan must be. 

SMH.

Well for the most part, they're right about that.

If even slightly informed football fans buy what the talking heads and Skip Bayless' of the world tell them to believe, then the average fan will look past this too.

The NFL can't seem to win can it?

Cowboys fans : Its not fair that Elliot got 6 games and Brown got 1.  MARAAA!!!!!

Me : Well Brown was cut and his career is over. It's pointless to suspend him.

Goodell suspends Brown as a gesture 

Cowboys fans : Its pointless to suspend him! His career is over! How stupid do you think we are!?

Me : -_-

20 minutes ago, Gmen said:

The NFL can't seem to win can it?

Cowboys fans : Its not fair that Elliot got 6 games and Brown got 1.  MARAAA!!!!!

Me : Well Brown was cut and his career is over. It's pointless to suspend him.

Goodell suspends Brown as a gesture 

Cowboys fans : Its pointless to suspend him! His career is over! How stupid do you think we are!?

Me : -_-

Pretty much everyone in this thread is talking about how ridiculous the NFL is.  Can you, for once, not point your posts at the Cowboys or Cowboy fans in an attempt to get this thread shut down?

The easy jokes aside, does no one find it troubling that the NFL front office apparently thinks it can go back all this time later and re-suspend a player for something they've already punished them for? Where does that stop, exactly? I guess it's not new. They did the same thing with Ray Rice, basically.

The NFL may argue he never served the initial suspension (because he was cut after the media backlash).

10 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

Pretty much everyone in this thread is talking about how ridiculous the NFL is.  Can you, for once, not point your posts at the Cowboys or Cowboy fans in an attempt to get this thread shut down?

It's not at all ridiculous that the NFL is taking a hard line against domestic violence.  I'm proud of Roger Goodell and the NFL.  

1 minute ago, CKSteeler said:

The easy jokes aside, does no one find it troubling that the NFL front office apparently thinks it can go back all this time later and re-suspend a player for something they've already punished them for? Where does that stop, exactly? I guess it's not new. They did the same thing with Ray Rice, basically.

The NFL may argue he never served the initial suspension (because he was cut after the media backlash).

The full details were not out before his first suspension.  When the full story came out the Giants cut him to save the league the trouble of another suspension.

If you believe that, well, then good friend, let me tell you about this bridge I have to sell you...That excuse doesn't even mesh with what Mara said Brown told the organization about the situation.

The NFL picks and chooses which cases it's going to drag out and investigate for a months or even a year and which it doesn't despite the policies they created after Rice (which they broke repeatedly before deciding to enforce in full with Elliot). What changes is their level of interest and the punishments themselves seem like they're produced by a monkey throwing darts at a board.

Regardless, the NFL has had the full details at a minimum for just about a year now. What they'll claim is that he was on the exemption list (which was abused wildly after the Rice fiasco) and that they were really waiting to complete their investigation. Yet it's obvious bull.

The real issue is that NFL players don't even have anything approaching the semblance of due process here. Further, none of this is good for the game or the league itself. It's a clown show.

13 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

If you believe that, well, then good friend, let me tell you about this bridge I have to sell you...That excuse doesn't even mesh with what Mara said Brown told the organization about the situation.

The NFL picks and chooses which cases it's going to drag out and investigate for a months or even a year and which it doesn't despite the policies they created after Rice (which they broke repeatedly before deciding to enforce in full with Elliot). What changes is their level of interest and the punishments themselves seem like they're produced by a monkey throwing darts at a board.

Regardless, the NFL has had the full details at a minimum for just about a year now. What they'll claim is that he was on the exemption list (which was abused wildly after the Rice fiasco) and that they were really waiting to complete their investigation. Yet it's obvious bull.

The real issue is that NFL players don't even have anything approaching the semblance of due process here. Further, none of this is good for the game or the league itself. It's a clown show.

I don't think that's bull at all.  The NFL took a year to complete its investigation of Elliot as well.  If nothing else, they are very thorough.

Archived