1. 1. who gonna seal the deal?

• noah herron with the bed post
    • jason the HEAD hunter
    • r-kal truluck
    • duct tape havner
    • the 7th rounder we got for jj jansen
    • colt lyerla

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If the Packers win these next 2 home games to get to 6-1, Gute is a fool if he's not going all in to get the best WR a team will give up, I don't care about the price.

Bring in a new WR for the 2nd half of the season?  You must realize that has zero chance of happening.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Who gives a **** about pro bowls? lol

There's a ton of talent on that list, whether you two wanna believe it or not. It's definitely better than just a legit #1 and a "decent" group with a "TE bonus." 

I don't - but it is a decent benchmark for this conversation. No surprise you want to disregard it. 

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

MVS isnt even a No. 2. He's a No. 3 deep threat guy who most games is going to give you 2-4 receptions, you just hope they are big plays. 

Allison gets open 1 time every 10 routes he runs. He's a No. 4 with zero upside. He's definitely gone next year. Wish we would see more Shepherd out there in the short area passing game.

If the Packers win these next 2 home games to get to 6-1, Gute is a fool if he's not going all in to get the best WR a team will give up, I don't care about the price.

I think you have vastly warped expectations of what a #3 receiver is.

If MVS has 80 yards a TD today. Is anybody concerned with his performance? Because that's what he has today if Rodgers doesn't throw the deep ball like a damn high schooler. And that's once every 3 games

The number designations for WRs should only relate to a top receiver. The rest have roles. MVS is the deep threat and we have no legit underneath threat outside of Adams or Jones. That's the qualm. Allison is fine as back end boundary receiver. He's just not good in the role he's been given. That's the issue. It's square peg, round hole in regards to what we're doing with Allison.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think you have vastly warped expectations of what a #3 receiver is. If MVS has 80 yards a TD today. Is anybody concerned with his performance? Because that's what he has today if Rodgers doesn't throw the deep ball like a damn high schooler. And that's once every 3 games

AAR short-armed the long pass to MVS and the later 3rd down throw to Allison - where he hit the defender in the back. Those are the only two I can remember at the moment.

27 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Completely disingenuous list tbh. Going by snaps without taking injuries into account. Quite few of those guys are only playing BECAUSE of injury. Allison was our PLANNED #3. And, regardless, using that list you still came up with 12 "maybe." That's still 72 wide receivers better than Allison. 

ARI - Isabella is their planned #3 going forward. Rookie with more talent than Allison. Hell, he may be even higher down the line due to Fitzgerald leaving.
ATL - Definitely taking Sanu over Allison
BAL - Probably not assuming Boykin is their #2 next to Hollywood. Then it's down to Snead or Roberts. Even then, it's a toss up.
BUF - Zay Jones has talent, just hasn't done anything with it so, for that reason, I'll live with GMo. That WR corps has been a problem for a while now.
CAR - Pretty sure Hogan is their #3. He's fine and right on part with Allison.
CHI - Definitely taking Miller over GMo. That one isn't even remotely close.
CIN - Definitely taking John Ross over him. Of course, he's hurt but still better.
CLE - Definitely taking Callaway. 
DAL - Cobb is their #3, not Smith. Gallup just came back.
DEN - DaeSean Hamilton is legit. Easy pick.
DET - Amendola is what he is at this point. Hurt a lot and older. So GMo by default.
HOU - Coutee easily
IND - I'll gamble on Deon Cain or Parris Campbell. Whichever you want to label their #3.
JAX - Definitely taking Dede.
KC - Definitely taking Hardman
LAC - Don't care much for their WR group outside of Allen and Williams.
LAR - No question
MIA - I like Grant. He's a slot type that we need. Quick twitch for underneath stuff. Definitely taking him over GMo.
MIN - Same thing as Grant. I like Beebe more than GMo.
NE - Dorsett is too similar to MVS so I wouldn't take him by default. 
NO - Ted Ginn would probably be their #3 if Smith was healthy. I'll take Ginn as he can do what GMo does with more physical skill. Even then, their fans will tell you they need a running mate for MT13.
NYG - Latimer is a meme on this forum obvsly. I think Slayton is their future #3 and I was an advocate for him throughout the draft process, so yes, I'd take him over GMo.
NYJ - Absolutely absymal WR group outside of Crowder and Robby.
OAK - Rag tag group as a whole. It's Williams and a bunch of JAGs so no.
PHI - Obvious.
PIT - I like Diontae Johnson so I'm definitely going with him over GMo.
SF - Deebo their #3 so far? If not, it's Pettis. He's got talent but he's like Zay Jones and hasn't used it so I'll go with GMo by default.
SEA - Jaron Brown is whatever. It's Gary Jennings that's their future at that spot. Either way, JAG central outside of Lockett and DK.
TB - Their #3 is largely irrelevant because their top 2 WRs are ******* sensational. If MVS was half the WR Godwin is, we wouldn't have a #3 problem. Plus, I don't know if they've even invested much into their #3 lately so they are in a similar situation there.
TEN - Definitely taking Humphries
WAS - Just a brutal team all around but Harmon is another rookie with upside. A gamble I'm willing to take...

So even with you gambling on every late round rookie you could get your hands on, you still have Allison in the 15-20 group of #3 receivers?