1. 1. who gonna seal the deal?

• noah herron with the bed post
    • jason the HEAD hunter
    • r-kal truluck
    • duct tape havner
    • the 7th rounder we got for jj jansen
    • colt lyerla

15 minutes ago, Leader said:

AAR short-armed the long pass to MVS and the later 3rd down throw to Allison - where he hit the defender in the back. Those are the only two I can remember at the moment.

Do people get that average NFL QBs don't just miss 75 percent of their deep throws? Going 0-2 is very bad.

25 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think you have vastly warped expectations of what a #3 receiver is.

If MVS has 80 yards a TD today. Is anybody concerned with his performance? Because that's what he has today if Rodgers doesn't throw the deep ball like a damn high schooler. And that's once every 3 games

At some point the excuses get old though. Our WRs had 4 receptions. That's literally the only number that matters there. Our WRs performed exactly how we thought they would.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

At some point the excuses get old though. Our WRs had 4 receptions. That's literally the only number that matters there. Our WRs performed exactly how we thought they would.

by design though.

looks like the coaching staff saw that an rb-heavy focus would win the game

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I couldn't agree more. The excuses people make for our QB are serious old.

Our WRs should have had 5 receptions for 125 yards on 13 targets. That's not a terrible day for how much we threw and how much we involved the backs. 

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

by design though.

looks like the coaching staff saw that an rb-heavy focus would win the game

Exactly....because our WRs suck so we game planned not to rely on them. Lol, I mean it's okay to admit we have a problem there, it's been obvious since training camp. Literally no one should he surprised our WRs had 4 receptions. The amazing thing is we still won the game.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I couldn't agree more. The excuses people make for our QB are serious old.

Our WRs should have had 5 receptions for 125 yards on 13 targets. That's not a terrible day for how much we threw and how much we involved the backs. 

Rodgers misses one or two throws and people forget about the other 25 plays where the WRs didnt get open. I get it, we want 12 to be perfect. 

If you think were okay at WR, I'm not sure what to tell you. As I said, regardless of what happens this year, I'm expecting an overhaul at the position in 2020 outside of 17 and 83. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Exactly....because our WRs suck so we game planned not to rely on them. Lol, I mean it's okay to admit we have a problem there, it's been obvious since training camp. Literally no one should he surprised our WRs had 4 receptions. The amazing thing is we still won the game.

4 receptions on 12 targets. 

12 targets to your WRs is disgusting. It's very clear that Rodgers just doesn't like these guys. He's gone on post game tangents about how we need to get the ball to Adams more in games where Adams has 8+ targets. MVS had 4 today. MVS should have 4 targets per game on nothing but blind deep ball throws before we even talk about trying to use WR screens or schemed slant stuff. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Why, that's when the trade deadline is...that's when these deals usually happen...

To summarize your initial post: Gute is a fool if he doesn't look at his 6-1 team and decide to go all in on immediately pursuing the best WR a team will give up, and you don't care about the price.

GB going 6-1 seems reasonably possible.  The trade deadline is definitely happening.  There is no chance of Gute going all in to pursue a WR.  Let alone with a mentality of "no matter the cost"

Just now, packfanfb said:

Rodgers misses one or two throws and people forget about the other 25 plays where the WRs didnt get open. I get it, we want 12 to be perfect. 

If you think were okay at WR, I'm not sure what to tell you. As I said, regardless of what happens this year, I'm expecting an overhaul at the position in 2020 outside of 17 and 83. 

We only play 2.5 WRs per snap. If you keep 2/3 pieces in place, it's not an overhaul. 

We expect 12 to do his job. We expect every other player on the field to be perfect, why should Rodgers be any different? 

He very clearly doesn't like these guys and doesn't want to throw to them. 

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

To summarize your initial post: Gute is a fool if he doesn't look at his 6-1 team and decide to go all in on immediately pursuing the best WR a team will give up, and you don't care about the price.

GB going 6-1 seems reasonably possible.  The trade deadline is definitely happening.  There is no chance of Gute going all in to pursue a WR.  Let alone with a mentality of "no matter the cost"

There isn't a week during the year, in October, in September, March, or June that packfan doesn't want to go "all in no matter the cost." Lol

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

that being said, if we can get high quality at the position with the cost of a third, i think we should do it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We only play 2.5 WRs per snap. If you keep 2/3 pieces in place, it's not an overhaul. 

We expect 12 to do his job. We expect every other player on the field to be perfect, why should Rodgers be any different? 

He very clearly doesn't like these guys and doesn't want to throw to them. 

I don't think that argument holds water. He loves Allison and Kumerow. They aren't getting open. With MVS they just look out of sync a lot. 

• Like 1